The Return

Soon enough the holidays had come and gone presents sitting there in the common room all untouched, no-one could bring themselves to open the gifts with out the whole family being there. Rumors occasionally would be heard that someone who looked kind of like shinta had been spotted. Every time though it was in a different place, different countries even. As time kept passing the U.S after a year ended the search. The school was going to plan a service everyone had thought the worst since there had been no true sign of her. Bakugo at this point had been staying home from school for the past week or so, staring at his phone half the day. He hoped each day his phone would go off and it would be her, but that day hadn't come. Finally Bakugo had to go back to school if he wanted to still be able to pass that year. As he headed out his normal angry scowl on his face he decided he was going to make one put stop before going to the school. He headed to the pagoda where he and Shinta had their date.

When he got there he froze for a moment, his heart started racing his eyes locked on the figure infront of him. He begged in his mind for it to not be a dream. As he got closer the person became much clearer and he smiled, it was her. Shinta somehow had come home she looked rather banged up and very tired but she was alive. Shinta had been resting in the pagoda nervous still of returning to UA; a lot has happened to her in the past year. Standing there feeling the wind blow through her wings she heard footsteps coming closer. Shinta turned around and saw the one person she hoped to see, Bakugo. Once the two locked eyes they both ran toward each other colliding falling back Shinta landing on him. They both chuckle for a moment "I've missed you" Shinta said to him kissing him before she got up helping him up. "Your damn right you did. I was really worried about you, we all were" he said to her smiling softly. "We need to get you back to the school. Everyone will be so happy your back" he said to her in an excited tone. Shinta smiled softly hesitating some "Can we try to not make too much of a big deal out of it? Ive been through a lot to get home and I just want to get a real shower and sleep in my bed" Shinta said to him and he nodded.

"Lets get you home then" Bakugo said holding his hand out to her. Deep down he still hoped this wasn't all a dream. The two walked towards the school but once they got closer he turned down another street. He was walking her home, back to Aizawas house. "Thank you Katsuki" shinta said as they got to the door. "Your dad should have already headed to school. So you should have the place to yourself. I won't tell anyone except Aizawa, but ill wait till lunch. Take some time relax and get some rest I'll come back by after school" Bakugo said to her giving her one more loving his before heading off to school. 'Man she really is back. I can't believe it. But I can tell she is hurting from something. I need to know what happened to her while she was gone' he thought to himself on his way to school. Bakugo tried to hide his happiness the best he could when he got to school and luckily no one really paid attention. The day proceeded on like it had been he just had to wait till lunch and give Aizawa the news. Back home Shinta had gotten into the shower after she did a safety sweep making sure it was just her there first. Soaking in the hot water seemed to help her some both her mood and body. It had been quite a while since she had been able to get a real shower. After a long hot shower Shinta wrapped herself in her favorite fluffy black towel and went to her room. "Ive been gone a little over a year and they kept everything the same. The bed looks freshly made too. Dad really never gave up on me either" she said to herself smiling taking in the sight of her room. It still felt very surreal being home for her. When Shinta finally looked in the mirror she cringed at the sight she saw "I should get checked out by recovery girl soon. I just want sleep first" she mumbled to her reflection.

Giving herself a small nod as if agreeing with herself she went and grabbed some clean clothes from her dresser and got herself comfortable wrapped in her blanket. The relaxation of being home setting in even more for her as she drifted off to sleep. The first good rest she has had in a very long time. Before too long a knock was heard on her bedroom door before she heard the door open slowly. Grumbling in the process Shinta turns her head and looks over sleepily. Aizawa stood there in front of her in shock to see her and he fell to his knees speechless. Once Shinta fully realized who it was she got up and went over to him and kneeled down hugging Aizawa. "I misses you dad" she said softly. Aizawa hugged her back tight a few tears escaping his eyes "I missed you too. We all did. We never gave up on you. The entire class...hasn't been the same since what happened" he said to her as they both got up. "You still look really tired but come back with me. I'll take you to recovery girl and you can get some rest in the infirmary. After she clears you, you should go back to the dorms. Be with your friends and take some time for yourself to readjust. We are going to need to know what happened to you before you can resume classes though" Aizawa said and Shinta nodded