as many ways No. 16

[as many ways to make a teacher blush]
No.16

'With everything he has said, I'm still not sure as to where I stand with him. I know that I need him, but can the same be said with him? Am I really what he desires...?'

"What are you getting Snape?" Hermione teased.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Harry looked over his shoulder at her and changed the topic away from him. "So what did you get Ron?"

Hermione rolled her eyes and grinned.

"You aren't! I thought you said you were going to wait!"

"I was but I think I'm ready now. And what better time then Valentine's Day?"

"You're really going to do this?"

"Why are you so surprised, Harry? You've done it with Snape. Why shouldn't I do it with my boyfriend too?"

"I know but... are you sure?"

"More then sure. Common, we need to get to the Great Hall before too many people start to pile in. And I just bet you can't wait to eat with Snape." Hermione joked, elbowing him playfully in the side.

They walked slowly down, the Great Hall wouldn't be full for another hour as most students (all years) had been allowed to spend the day Hogsmead.

When they entered, Harry was surprised to see an upset looking Snape in the middle of the Great Hall, at a small table, and surrounded by the girls from Slytherin.

Harry turned to ask Hermione what was going on when he noticed the Gryffindor girls now stood behind him.

Hermione leaned forward and shoved him more into the middle.

Harry sighed and made his way to Snape, a little unsure as to how he was going to give Snape his present with everyone around.

"Well, sit down, Potter. Your fans have taken it upon themselves to serve us dinner. It seems they even talked the other teachers into sending everyone to Hogsmead so we could be..." Snape shot a nasty look at the group of giggle girls around them. "...Alone."

Harry smiled at everyone and sat down.

Almost instantly, the girls started to give them wine and little chocolates for their appetizer.

Harry didn't mind, he got to feed a couple to Snape... Although he did have to end up promising to put up a weak silencing spell next time he was in Snape's bed, to cover up his light snores. As far as Harry was concerned, it was nothing compared to watching Snape's lips close gently over the small chocolate covered candies.

Snape picked up his thin goblet of wine and downed it. He grunted as he tossed a neatly wrapped present to Harry's side of the table and waited for him to open it.

Harry took his time with the wrapping, trying to not rip it at any point. This was his first gift from Snape and he wanted it to last. But he guessed he had taken too long because Snape reached across the table and tore off he remaining paper.

Harry bit his lip as he opened the box and saw a beautiful silver necklace with a pendent of a snake wrapped around a lightening bolt. He sta red at it for a moment then smiled brightly and turned around so Snape could clasp it together.

Snape just looked at Harry as he shakenly set his present on the table and slid it over to Snape.

Snape eyed it carefully, it wasn't that he didn't trust Harry, he was just cautious to see what he had gotten. He didn't like presents and getting one with everyone watching wasn't helping matters at all.

Snape slowly opened the small box and almost dropped it. He stared up at Harry, then back down; too stunned to do anything but blush.

Inside the box was a silver wedding band. He looked up sharply as Harry asked him the question.

"Will you marry me?"

The sharp intake of breath was the only thing heard in the Hall as everyone waited for his answer. He looked up, all the girls on their toes to hear, then to Harry, who looked so lovely as he returned his gaze.

Snape couldn't help it as his blush heated up even more, causing him to stumble over his soft answer.