Sirius black x Remus lupin

In the end, there were no machinations, no contrived set ups needed. In the end, it was a tentative brush of fingers and the breathy recitation of his name that triggered the culmination of Sirius' year long fantasies. As Remus' warm breath washed over his cheek, Sirius felt a bubble of pure happiness burst inside him. Soft lips pressed against his and, just before he lost himself in the jumble of sensation and emotion the gentle touch elicited, he ruefully recalled the quickly concocted schemes and accidental opportunities that had failed miserably where a simple touch had succeeded.

--------------------October--------------------

'And then she swore at him and hexed his hair bright pink,' Sirius enthused, grinning broadly at Remus as he walked backwards into the dorm. 'Oh, you should have seen his face, Moooooohhh!'

Remus' eyes widened as Sirius stumbled (over his own discarded Quidditch boots – talk about karma) and instinctively reached out to steady him. Sirius grabbed hold of Remus' outstretched arm, but couldn't stop his momentum, pulling Remus down with him as he fell heavily to the floor.

'Ow!'

'Bloody hell, Padfoot!'

The air rushed from Sirius' lungs as Remus landed on top of him, heads narrowly missing clashing into each other. He felt the warm graze of Remus' lips against his neck and couldn't stop the resultant whole-body shudder at the contact. His hands gripped Remus' upper arms, not sure whether he was trying to push Remus away so he didn't notice the physical reaction his proximity was creating, or if he was trying to hold him closer so he would feel the growing bulge in Sirius' pants and the torture of not telling would be over.

Remus levered himself off Sirius' chest with his arms and glared down at Sirius, his eyes holding no real heat. Sirius held his breath. Remus was so close; all Sirius had to do was raise his head a little and...

'This is why I keep nagging you to pick up your shoes,' Remus admonished then, with a shake of his head, he pushed himself to his feet, and the moment was gone.

--------------------December--------------------

'What are you hiding?' James asked, trying to peer over Sirius' shoulder at the tightly closed hands behind his back.

'Nothing!' Sirius insisted, shoving past James and stalking into their dormitory. 'Just leave it.'

Remus, sprawled across his rumpled sheets, looked up from his History of Magic text and smiled at him. Sirius' heart stuttered in his chest and he grinned back, so distracted by the curve of Remus' lips that he didn't hear James' muttered spell until the object he'd been concealing was flying across the room.

'Mistletoe!' James yelped in delight as he nimbly snatched the cluster of leaves and berries out of the air. He waved it at Sirius tauntingly. 'So who was supposed to be the unfortunate victim then?'

'Fuck off, Prongs,' Sirius snapped, colouring as he desperately tried not to look Remus' way. 'I... found it in the hall. I thought we could charm it for a lark.'

James raised a skeptical eyebrow, but his interest had been piqued by Sirius' hastily concocted excuse. With one last barb... 'Didn't think you were so hard up you had to resort to mistletoe to get a snog'... he threw himself down on Remus' bed and started peppering Remus with questions about suitable sticking charms.

Remus rolled his eyes then, with a sigh of capitulation, closed his book and sat up. He reached for his Charms text book then looked over at Sirius, patting the vacant space beside him on the mattress.

'Come on then,' he ordered Sirius. 'This was your idea, after all.'

Sirius scowled, muttering to himself as he stumped over to Remus' bed, 'This wasn't part of my plan,' and contented himself with watching Remus' lips instead of kissing them.