Cedric diggory x Viktor krum -short

It had become a habit, Cedric noticed. It started out by accident; he had been walking down to the lake one morning before class instead of taking his morning run...and there he happened to be, diving into the lake wearing nothing but swimming trunks.

At first Cedric thought Viktor to be incredibly odd for doing such a thing. Seeing him outside of the Quidditch environment-wherein Cedric admired and idolized him greatly-was strange for him. He knew Viktor was a normal person just like he himself was, but he had hardly thought of seeing him doing such a thing...none of the students at Hogwarts were crazy enough to jump in the middle of the lake around the end of October! Then again, Durmstrang was nestled deep in the high mountains, he remembered, so this must have been a refreshing change for the foreigner. Cedric would have seriously been frozen over from head to toe, hands and feet...Viktor was brave to do such a thing. Cedric admired his resilience.

Ever curious, Diggory returned every so often to the same spot as casually as he could. He refrained from doing it too often, because then it would arouse suspicion, likely. Thankfully not many Hufflepuffs got up as early as he did, and as majority of his friends knew he enjoyed taking a morning run every now and then, they didn't think it at all odd when Cedric came back into the dormitory some time in the middle of the morning, smiling. He smiled a lot, but every other morning or so, it was for entirely different reasons.

The morning before the selection of the Triwizard Champions, Cedric yet again woke up early, but instead of slipping off to go watch Viktor, it was to take a run. After he got dressed he wandered out onto the grounds, doing a few stretches before setting off.

Cedric didn't realize that his feet were leading him down the path toward the lake (his head was downcast, as it always was when he ran) until he felt the change in temperature. Being near the lake was colder. His heart was beating hard in his chest and both his hands and his feet were freezing. He came slowly to a stop, glancing instinctively toward the boat, as his habit had become.

Seeing Viktor diving into the water warmed him right up.

______seperate story bitch_____

Cedric looked up from his breakfast and over at the Slytherin table, a smile appearing on his face. Despite all of the Ravenclaws in the way, his eyes still happened to fall upon Viktor within a few moments. It wasn't hard to find him; Viktor sat in the same spot every day, and he had for the several months that he had been at Hogwarts. The nice thing about him was his routine. Diggory had it down like the back of his hand in less than a few weeks.

Nobody questioned when Cedric smiled, because he always had one on his face for some reason or another. His friends surrounding him were all talking animatedly about the Second Task, which was coming up in a week or so. Having already figured out the clue and returned Harry's favor by telling him what to do with it, he was feeling pretty good about himself. Then again, there were plenty of other reasons to feel good about himself, as well.

He noticed that Viktor, every so often, would casually send a look over in his direction as well, his furrowed brow raising as his lips curled into a very faint smile. This only happened maybe once a week or so, because the two champions tended to keep their relationship as low key as possible. When Viktor looked back at him that meant that they were going to meet later on that night. If he didn't, then they wouldn't. It was a method that had worked for the last two months or so, and it hadn't failed them yet.

It wasn't any candle in the window, no, but it worked just fine.

Cedric smiled.