NEWT scamander x Percival graves pt2

Mid-morning Saturday, Newt walked into Director Grave's office. He was meeting the other man for their trip to Ilvermorny. He was very enthusiastic at the opportunity to meet wampuses, pukwudgies, and horned serpents. He had researched the school and discovered several kinds of creatures lived on the castle grounds. He couldn't wait to begin their trip.

Percival looked up as Newt knocked on his door and walked into his office. He was also excited for the trip but not for the same reasons as the magizoologist. He was looking forward to spending time with Newt. He hoped he'd get a chance to confess his feelings for the other wizard.

"Hello, Mr. Scamander, are you ready for our trip?"

"Yes, I'm quite excited. If you feel comfortable, I'd like you to call me Newt. We don't need to be so formal outside of work."

"I'd like that very much, Newt, but only if you call me Percival."

"That sounds fair, Percival," he said as he smiled brightly at him. "Do you have the portkey?"

The director gestured to the quill on his desk. He picked up his sleek, black suitcase as he walked around his desk to stand next to Newt. He glanced at his watch. "The portkey should activate in a minute."

Newt stepped closer and reached out his hand to hold onto the quill now held in Percival's left hand. The two men looked at each other, one in excitement and the other in fondness. The quill flashed and they disappeared from Percival's office.

Newt stumbled as they landed but Percival wrapped an arm around his waist to steady him. He ducked his head and shyly whispered, "Thank you," as he took a step backward. He immediately forgot his embarrassment as he glanced at the large granite castle perched atop Mount Greylock, surrounded by mist. The sight was awe inspiring.

"It's beautiful," he said as his blue eyes wandered over the castle and its impressive grounds.

Percival stared at the awestruck wizard. He loved seeing a soft smile lighting up his face and his eyes filling up with wonder. He couldn't stop himself from teasing him. "Better than Hogwarts?"

Newt chuckled. "No, not better. Hogwarts is a castle too you know. It's much more grand and impressive, but Ilvermorny is more graceful."

"Come on, Headmistress Devlin is expecting us," Percival said as he led him up the steps to the castle's front doors.

Newt paused at the top step and looked at the marble statues of the founders of Ilvermorny, Isolt and James Steward. He followed Percival into the round entrance hall, where his attention was immediately caught by the large wooden carvings of the symbols of the four houses of the school.

He was admiring the craftsmanship of the carvings of the horned serpent, thunderbird, pukwudgie, and wampus when a regal-looking woman strode into the room. She appeared to be in her seventies, and she had white hair styled into a high bun and warm, brown eyes.

"Mr. Graves, it's wonderful to see you again. I always love when students return to the school for a visit," she said.

"It's a pleasure to see you too, Headmistress Devlin."

She turned to Newt. "You must be Mr. Scamander. It's an honor to meet you. I am Catarina Devlin."

"The honor is mine, Headmistress Devlin. Thank you for letting us visit your school," he said as he shook her hand.

"I've read your book, Mr. Scamander. I was very impressed. I've recommended it to the school board. I think we should add it to our Creatures class curriculum. I know our Creatures professor, Jeremy Rhodes, loves your book."