Chapter 45

Lisa's POV

Pacing back and forth, gosh this is making me anxious. I've been calling Jennie many times but she's not answering any of my calls. I woke up without her by my side, where are you, Jennie?

Today is our 5th Anniversary and here she is nowhere to find. "Ms. Lisa, the meeting will start in 5 minutes." I nod picking my files, I make the last call to Jennie but still, she's not picking up.

"Freaking hell Jennie, you better have a good excuse for not answering my calls on our anniversary!" I close the door harshly making Joy laugh at me. "What?" she shake her head, laughing at me I rolled my eyes. I'm going to freaking smash your mandu cheeks Jennie, mark my words!

It's already past 7 pm my Dad pick me up to work, he said they want us to have a family dinner. Jennie is still nowhere. Gosh, she's making me nervous.

"Lisa are you okay?" Dad asked holding my hand, I nod taking a deep breath. "Yes, Dad it just..." I took a deep breath not letting my tears fall, he eyed me in concern. "It's Jennie Dad, she....she's not answering my calls, not even my messages. She's making me scared Dad it's our Anniversary today for fuck sake." I cry in our dining area, my mom seat beside me giving me a comforting hug.

"Shhh stop crying, maybe she's busy Lisayah." My dad said squeezing my hand. I nod sniffing my runny nose. "Well, honey after this dinner why won't you go to our garden take to unwind, the night is still long." Mom said wiping my tears, I nod finishing my meal.

I walk into our garden, feeling the cold breeze, continue walking when the light suddenly turns off. "Ahh, Dad I'm still here." I turn around it's dark even our house's light suddenly turns off.

Is there a power outbreak?

I was about to go back to our house when the light suddenly crept in the middle of our garden.

I flinched when my phone suddenly rings.

Honey❤️... calling

I scoff, rolling my eyes, now she's calling me. I cleared my throat answering her call.

"What?" I said plainly, I heard her sigh. Yes, I'm mad at her. It's our anniversary and where the hell is she!

"Love?" my heart instantly melts hearing her voice. That I missed for a day. I took a deep breath "What is it, Jennie?" I said she whine maybe because I call her by her name.

"Are you mad at me Love?" even though I can't see her I freaking know she's pouting by the way she asked me. She knows how to get me. I fucking hate her.

"Ow? I don't know Jennie is that even a question?" I said in irritation not to her, to myself coz any seconds from now my pissed-off ass and mad self will vanish by hearing her voice.

She chuckled making me groan Lisa for the sake of god don't be soft for her she didn't answer your calls or messages on your anniversary day.

"Love please don't be mad at me I was just..." she stop making me pissed off again.

"just what huh? Jennie, you freaking not answering your phone for the whole fucking day! And where the hell are you Jennie? I didn't freaking eat my lunch just to finish my task to spend the rest of the day with you. Ugh... I'm going to kick your freaking ass Jennie it's our Anniversary! Where the hell is you!??" I said out of breath I waited for her to answer me. I look at my phone to see that the call already ended.