~Chapter 10~

Adi brought Diya to his hospital that was nearby. Diya was in the emergency ward getting treated. Rakesh and Diya's family came to the hospital after 15 minutes. Baanu ma was continuously crying while Diya's father was trying to control his tears. Dhinesh was shattered inside but he didn't show anything on his face and remained standing silently. Adi was sitting on the chair with his shirt covered fully by Diya's blood with an emotionless face starring at the wall. Rakesh went near Adi and sat beside him holding Adi's shoulder.

R : Machan don't be like this da...
A : I'm really unlucky. Exactly this same day my mother left me and I was all alone. Now she came into my life like an angel brought out of the darkness to see the light outside but... (He was able to complete his sentence as tears started to flow down his cheek)

Rakesh was very worried to see his friend in this state.

A : I'm scared da. Avalum yenna vittu poyiru mattaleh..

R : Adi don't worry. Thangamku onnum agathu. She will come back to you and fight with you like usual.

Few hours later the doctor came out. Everyone rushed to him and asked about Diya.

Doctor : Calm down everyone patient is fine. (Everyone sighed in relief) But...

Adi : But what doctor???

Doctor : Mr. Aditya can I talk to you in person as her parents are already very weak.

Adi : Sure doctor.

Adi followed the doctor behind to his cabin. He was continuously praying to God that what his thinking must not be true.

Doctor : Have a seat sir.

Adi : Thanks doctor

Doc : So Mr. Aditya as you know Diya's head was hit by a rock very hard which caused a Diffuse Axonal Injury (DAI). DAI is the shearing ( tearing) of the brains long connecting nerve fibres ( axons) that happens when the brain is injured as it shifts and rotates inside the bony skull. DAI usually causes coma or permanent brain damage and even death.

Adi was continuously listening to the doctor while trying his level best to stay calm.

Doc : Patients with grade I and II (DAI) will recover consciousness within 2 weeks, while patient with grade III requires approximately 2 months.

Adi : Doctor, Diya...

Doc : Don't worry luckily Diya is in grade I so within 2 weeks she will gain consciousness and also I checked her scan reports the cell damages in her brain are less and by God's grace the cells that were damaged were not important ones.

Adi exhaled a deep breath out that he was holding all this while.

Adi: Doctor can she fully recover from a DAI ???

Doc : Yes as Diya is in the early stage she will fully recover. Once she gains her consciousness we will start her physical therapy to regain control over her movements.

Adi : Ok doctor thank you so much. Can I see her?

D : Sure after she's shift to the normal ward.

Adi : Ok doctor but shift her to a VIP ward and don't worry about the expenses.

Doc : (Smiles) Sure Mr Aditya.