Chapter 15 - Bright & New

Song Recomendation: Bright - Echosmith
Alex's Point of View

"Are you okay? You've been quiet since we left the church." I asked when I saw Sky staring out through the back window of the car. She could've been day dreaming but I just had to make sure.

She didn't respond to my qeustion and continued to stare out through the window. It didn't look like she stared at anything in particular. "Sky?" Ryan turned around and checked what Skylar was doing.

"Oh! Uhm.." Sky's head sprang around. "I was just admiring the new grafitti around town!"

"You went so silent there for a second, it's like you saw a ghost or something." Ryan joked at Skylar.

"Ryan!" I scorned him instantly.

"It's okay, I might have seen one."

"Woo." Ryan further taunted her over the edge of the seat.

"Ryan! Stop it!" I scorned him again.

"Too far? Sorry." He apologised kissing me on my cheek.

Few minutes later we arrived at Ryan and Felix's house. Ryan and I got out of the car and Sky decided to stay in the car. Ryan opened the door and prepared to give me a goodbye kiss. But I then blocked it by gently pushing him on the chest and said. "Ryan we need to talk."

"Oh." He said stepping back into the door.

"Relax. It's not that kind of talk. It's about Sky."

"Oh phew.. What about Sky?"

"Why where you so insensitive towards her back in the car."

"I did go a tad to far didn't I?"

"A lil bit."

"Ok look to be honest. I still have a hard time liking her after their break up.. She just shattered him into lots of small pieces."

"They both were broken after the break up." I said pushing Ryan into the house closing the door behind us.

"I know but I hated seeing Felix all broken down like that. I felt helpless, and he's like a brother to me."

"How do you think I felt!?" Tears rushed beneath my eyes. "Sky's like a sister to me! And I was responsible for her critical condition in the hospital!"

"What do you mean?" Ryan asked sincerely.

"The night she tried to kill herself after what Zack did to her. She tried to call me.." I could feel the tears rushing like a tsunami underneath my eyes. All that time I've been barricading my feelings finally came to the erupting point, and it all exploded at once. "She left me 8 calls and 14 messages and I was at home busy doing my stupid nails."

"It's not your fault."

"It was! If I answered her calls maybe I could've stopped her!"

"Listen to me." Ryan said softly as he hugged me. "There's nothing that anyone could've done, not even you."

"But when I saw them strapping her to the stretcher. She stared into the sky, just as she did in the car. Except her eyes was lifeless and lost their glare. I sat next to her bed those two weeks watching my sister on the brink of death.. Imagine how I felt watching her those first few days, knowing that there was a possibility to prevent all that pain she went through. It's like she almost gave up fighting, while she lied there."

"Alex. It's ok it's all over now. And you were one of the few people that was there for her in her time of darkness and you carried her through it. But you have to help her grow strong again. These ghosts she's seeing is nothing more than illusions and we both know it. You have to let her face her own demons and overcome her own fears."

"But she needs me to help her find herself again."

"All I'm saying is support her and lift your own opinion when necessary."

I wiped away my tears and gave a soft smile. "Have I ever told you your the best boyfriend ever?"

"Only so once or twice." He grinned kissing me on my forehead.

"I love you." I said hugging him tightly.

He laughed than said that he loves me too,  kissing me again but this time on my mouth. I opened the door and made sure I wiped away all my tears. Than climbed back into the car. Sky was sitting on the passengers seat now playing Echosmith through her pink auxiliary cable. Ryan shouted. "Next time I'm driving!" As I reversed into the road. Driving to Sky's house.

As we approached her house she turned down the volume by nubbing her thumb down against the side of her phone. "Alex. I have a qeustion to ask you.."

"You want to go find Candice's sister?" I asked smiling.

"How did you know?" Sky asked surprised.
"Call it women's intuition. I could read it in your eyes."

"Have I ever told you your the best sis ever??"

"Only so once or twice. Now turn up the music I might have an idea where we could find her."

Sky smiled and this time kept her eyes to the sky by peering through the windshield.