Chapter 11 - Debate of Meaning

Song Suggestion : Grits - My life be like
Felix's Point of View

"Okay Okay, that's enough your starting to choke me." Ryan said as I tied the tie around his neck.

"Well maybe if you learned how to tie it yourself, you wouldn't be strangled by a piece of clothing." I said as I gave another yank at his tie.

"Nope not happening. Why would I want to learn how to tame a linen anaconda when I got my trusty buddy to do it for me?"

"So you can still look civilised for Alex when I get diarrhea one day or something."

"I'll just toss the tie in the bathroom and when your done.."

"When I'm done?"

"Done folding the tie for me, you can just toss it back at me."

"Really even if I'm busy crapping my lungs out?"

"Yep."

"Sounds unsanitary."

"You're right but I'm a lazy idiot that doesn't know how to fold a tie what do you expect? Besides Alex knows I look better without this stupid monkey outfit."

"Okay buds. But let me warn you against future attempt to make me fold your tie while I'm having diarrhoea."

"Don't worry I'll just go without one if it comes to that."

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" Alex asked as she popped her head through Ryan's bedroom door.

"Felix here was just telling how stupid ties are." Ryan replied

"Uhm Ok? Are you two ready to go yet? We're going to be late."

"Fashionably late." I added.

"Whatever just be ready before it starts." She demanded as she closed the door.

"Felix. Exactly what's happening at church today?"

"Some motivational speaker is going to come and visit our little church."

"What will he or she be motivating to do?"

"To live I guess? It's hard to say what her topic will be with a strange title like 'A Debate of Meaning'. I shrugged.

"Ugh I hate vague titles."

"I like a sense of mystery."

"Ok then lets go find out the mystery then bud."

5 minutes later we arrived at our little suburban Christian church and met up with Skylar and Ashley. The church bared a enormous statue of a crucified Jesus and beside the statue stood a daily message board. As we entered the church we could hear the oralist playing with such precision and melody that it fitted perfectly with the sound of backup singers voices roaring with the heavenly orchestra. The beams of light that flowed through the stained glass of the church painted some proportions of the church new colors.

As we all sat down the orchestras melody soothed away with the sound of silence. Our pastor appeared from behind the podium with both of his hands high in the air.

"Welcome all to the house of the lord. As you all know, today is a special occasion as we welcome Miss. Marshall to our humble church."

A young and thin black woman stood up from a front row seat and walked towards the pastor and shook his hand.

"Miss. Marshall has been travelling the country and visiting churches for almost 8 years now, shedding a new light on how to live like a true christian." The pastor introduced her briefly to the christian community, we all welcomed her with great applause.