Chapter 9 - Open Mic Night

Song Recommendation: Sway - Anne (The Chainsmokers Remix)

Skylar's Point of View

Ever since Alex dragged me out of bed this morning I've been feeling like I have a new found energy in me. Making me feel ready to tackle the world again after my long unplanned solitude from the world. As soon as I jumped out of bed today I could feel me being my hyperactive self again. Alex also said she had something special planned for me today , so we had a quick breakfast and set course towards the Mall in her lil pink mini cooper.

"C'mon !" Alex shouted as she dragged me through the mall by my arm.

"I'm coming I'm coming !" I shouted back  as I sped walked behind her , trying to hold on to my pants that keep sliding down. "Why are you in such a hurry any.." She suddenly stopped in front of me , staring at something in a shop window.

"Here it is!" She said excitedly.

"Here's what ?" I said walking around her to see what she was staring at. "Oh.."

She then swung around and yelled excitedly. "Surprise !"

"Wow , it's beautifull .." I said staring at the dress infront me.

"And guess what , it's all yours !"

"You're kidding !"

"Nah ah not this time, want to try it on?"

I attacked her with huge hug. "Thank you Alex!"

"C'mon you. Let's get in you in it."

A few minutes later I pop out of the clothing booth, flaunting a pearl white dress with streaks of faint cherry blossom pink for Alex."Do I look as amazing as the dress?"

"No, better!" She said with her jaw dropped.

"Thank you Alex!" I said as I twirled with the dress, I then stopped and looked at Alex sitting with a huge grin on her face on the red couch. "Look Alex I'm not somoene to look a gift horse in the mouth but what made you decide to buy a expensive dress for me?"

"Cause I promised you , didn't I?" She smiled back at me.

"Promised me what?" I asked with my one eyebrow raised.

She stood up from the couch and said "You don't remember, do you ?"

"Remember what?"

"When you were in the hospital, there was one night when you kept going in out consciousness.Then there was this one moment where you grabbed my hand as I sat beside your bed, and you turned and looked at me.Your eyes were filled with such hopelessness and pain and you still managed to pull of small smile under the breathing mask.So I promised you that I would buy you the best dress I could find as soon as you got out of that bed. You then fell unconscious, it felt like I made a pretty hallow promise considering you were having worse problems than fashion. So here we are." She said with a smaller smile.

I didn't say a word I just hugged her."Thank you Alex, thank you.."

"It's ok, no really it's my pleasure. Now c'mon! You don't want to miss karaoke night do you?"

Felix's point of view

I sit at a candle lit table waiting for Ashley to come, I can't help feeling nervous I can't help feel like she's gonna stand me up. So I sit here and nervously play with my thumbs and regularly check my phone for some message from her making a excuse for not coming or being late.

A waitress strolls over to my table. "Do you want to order yet sir?"

"Uhm .. No not just yet, I'm waiting for somoene."