Chapter 2 - Summer

Song Recommendation: "Summer - Calvin Harris"

Felix's Point of View

3 Months Later ....

It was the last period of the last day of school. It was kinda like any other school day, except people were mumbling about the summer vacation and a grumpy teacher rambling about a equation she forgot to teach us while I sat and chewed the back of my pencil, staring deeply into one of the rooms corners like it was the most intresting thing in the class and in this situation it really was. It started to get a bit weird when the corner started to call my name faintly.

"Felix ... Felix ..."

The strange voice only got louder as it kept repeating my name.

"Felix... Felix!"

I leaned in closer towards the corner, to see where this strange voice was coming from when suddenly a flying piece of chalk flew against the side of my head ! I made a loud "Oufh" noise as I flew of my chair. As I was laying on the ground rubbing my head, I saw the teacher standing cross-armed next to her table with a rage feulled facial expression. I quickly recovered from the blow and jumped up and sat back in my chair. "Yeah?"

"Im sorry Mr.Kjelberg, I didnt realize the corner was giving us class." The angry teacher exclaimed, still standing with her arms folded.

"Well, Uhm its a really interesting corner" I shrugged nervously.

"Well, then you probably won't mind solving this equation using the stuff 'The Corner' thought you!"

"Yeah. Why not?" I said lifting my shoulders before I stood up, trying to hide all signs of fear from my giggling class as I walked towards the board. "For a teacher you really have a strong throwing arm." I joked as I took the chalk from her.

Miss Lucy then said in a more serious tone. "You can thank Ryan for that." I could hear Ryan laughing from the back of the class and signaling me a thumbs up.

"Now be quiet!" Miss Lucy scolded everyone, including me. "Felix you have 30 seconds to solve this problem."

"No problem! Well. Except for this one the board." My eyes scanned the board and then I realized there's no way I could solve this in 30 seconds. Miss Lucy stood behind me. As smug as could be. Luckily the bell rang just as I was about to try to begin with the math problem! I ran back towards my desk, and swung my backpack over my one shoulder yelling "Sorry maybe next time Miss L!" as I ran out of the class to meet up with Ryan outside.

Ryan laughed the moment he saw me. "Dude! You should've seen yourself when that chalk connected your to your temple! It was like 'Kadoof!' and you were like 'Dwah!' when you hit the floor! It was hilarious to see someone else besides me in trouble for once!"

"That was the worst! She's the only human being that will make us slave away till the last day of school!"

"Have you ever heard what the jewish kids call her?"

"No?"

"It's better that you don't. Back on topic. That was a close call don't you think?" Ryan said grinning slightly.

"What? Pffff.... You mean those bullets I dodged back there? That was nothing!" I said pointing with my thumb over my shoulder.

"HaHaHa, Oh Yeah! ... I forgot you're such a genius!" He said laughing.

"Don't be jealous of my problem solving skills!" I said confidently as we walked.

"You were saved by the bell!"

"Just as I planned"

"How could you possibly have planned that!?"

"Uhm it was simple really, I used my master ninja skills and broke into the principals office."

"You didn't break in, he basically let you in to fix his computer!"

"Yes yes I know, but as I was saying when he disappeared I hacked into the schools network and sabotaged the clock."

"Why would you want to do that?"

"So we can start our vacation earlier buds."

"Your joking."

"Nope. Truth be told I didn't hack the schools network I just tried to set the clock to ring a hour earlier, but ended up setting it a few minutes earlier instead of a complete hour."

"Have I ever told you that your the most badass nerd I know?"

"Only so once or twice. "

"Okay Kevin Mitick lets ditch this prison and go grab some grub. I'm starvin." Ryan said as he gave me a shove towards Raisin Café.

Later @ Raisin Café ...

"O Yeah, thats a really good burger " Ryan uttered while eating a juicy cheese burger.

"I love food ... I would probably die in this boring town without this cafe!" I said while cleaning my face with a napkin.

"Wouldn't we all "

"So what should we do today?" A waitress threw two cards on the table.
It was Sia, a friend from school that was renowned for her popularity. She's also super rich, but for some reason still works at diners across town. It may have something to do with the fact that she's a people person. "You two are totally coming to party tonight, right?" She said while chewing on a piece of bubblegum.

Me and Felix stared at each other for a while, till we nodded our heads at each other."Sure" We both said almost simultaneously.

"When's the Party?" Ryan asked Sia.

She rolled her eyes and pointed towards our invites before walking away. "See you guys tonight" she yelled out faintly from the kitchen .

"6 o'clock till 11'30, today?" Ryan said staring down at his invitation. "Get your glow on and start the vacay with a bang. Wait. We get to blow up stuff?!"

"I don't think so. I think the invite mean figuratively." I shrugged.

"Well knowin Sia she'll probably have something huge planned, then lets get rollin." He said as we stood up from the table .

Another waitress appeared from the kitchen, asking "So who's paying for all of this?"

Me and Ryan stared at each other once again, and suddenly started to play rock, paper, scissors infront of the confused waitress.

"Rock"

"Paper, Sorry Felix seems like your paying this time"

"Ah no, really? How 'bout best out of three?"

"Nah, sorry buds."

"Ok fine, but next time we're playing something I'm actually good at, like chess or something." I tossed a few bucks on the table, and we left to go buy things for the party.