Toni x Sweet Pea x Betty

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. I have been extremely ill recently and did not get the chance to write much. 

Betty's POV: 

I should have known better, I should have hidden it better. Sweets and TT have been looking at me as if I was going to break under their touch all day. They haven't said much to me since they were looking at Toni's phone. I should have known. I'm not a lovable person, just something to use. Nobody has said much to me since, I haven't said much either. What are you supposed to say when your whole friend group finds out that you are off way worse than any of them imagined? 

Last period I had no class, so I decided to go to the river, the place I would never forget. The words that echoed the forest every time I stood on the sandy shore waiting for her to come back. But she was never going to. She got her escape, and took my hope off with her. The one person I ever loved abandoned me. "You are exactly what they say you are," "I hope you rot here Betty," "Stop holding everyone back," "Are you trying to get me killed?" "I'm not going to take you with me, it's too dangerous for my loves,"

For once in my life, I closed my eyes and felt a sort of peace. Nobody actually cared enough to stay true to their words to me. She used to tell me she'd come back to save me, we would escape together, but one day she was gone and I chased her wanting to know why she didn't take me. 

Sweet Pea's POV: 

Toni and I had been waiting at Betty's locker for over 10 minutes. She had a free and should be here by now. She sets alarms if she goes to the library, and Jughead said he didn't even see her in there. The whole friend group had crowded around by now, wondering where our sweet little Betty was. She'd gone. 

"Where would she go Arch?" Toni asked. He shook his head. 

"Sweets, any clue?" I shook my head. We didn't know Betty how we thought we did. No one did. 

"Anyone?" Toni asked with her voice breaking and tears dripping. I pulled her into my side and kissed her head. Everybody shook their heads. 

We all stood there, thinking of how we could find a girl that none of knew how we thought we did. If it was Jug, he'd be at Pops. If it was me, I'd be at the bar. If it was Toni, she would be with her grandpa. If it was Archie, he'd be at the gym. If it was Veronica, she would be shopping. If it was Fangs, he would be at my trailer. If it was Kevin, he would be at the station. 

"Did anyone check the Blue and Gold?" I asked suddenly. Everybody shook their heads and we dashed down the hallway. No one. 

"Pea, remember that conversation about swimming, where we said we should go swim at sweet water river to Betts?" Toni asked looking up at me. I nodded my head. "Remember the list of excuses she came up with?" I nodded my head. "It's the only road out of town." And then it clicked in my head. I knew what Toni was saying. 

Toni and I dashed with the gang following us. We got onto our bikes, the others into their respective cars and bikes following behind us. The crowd of us turned up at the river side. We walked down to the shore where you could see the bridge. 

Low and behold, we found our Betts sat on a rock staring into nothing. 

"Baby," Toni sighed taking Betty's hands into hers. Betty freaked out for a second but then we saw her calm down. She looked around her, noticing all of us there. And then her face squirmed into anger, Betty has never been angry before in front of us. "Leave." She said turning stone cold. Toni and I shook our heads, whilst the rest of our friends backed off to give us space. We knew they'd wait in the cars until they saw us come back with her. 

"No." Toni said bluntly. Two stubborn girls, a recipe for disaster. "Bubs, can you look at me?" I said, slowly turning her head away from glaring into Toni's eyes. "You can talk to us. We are here for you. Tell us what you want to, but don't shut us out." I said in the most soothing way I could.