Veronica x Archie

I'm sorry I just saw a scene of them and I couldn't resist writing one with them. 

Veronica was wrapped up in Archie's arms after a long day at school. She felt as if she could finally relax from what she had seen. Archie was the guy of her dreams and she wasn't planning on letting him go anytime soon. 

Earlier that Morning (Veronica's POV): 

I found myself walking along the hallways alone. I wasn't fond of walking alone through the hallway, no one would bother me, but I just enjoyed some company to make me feel like I actually mattered. My father's business had taken a great toll on me. Not many people were happy with him, such as Jughead. He had Archie roped into dodgy business, which I was personally not happy about but never betray daddy dearest or else. 

Archie and Betty had walked to school together, meaning I found them together in the Lounge. Recently, both Archie and Betty confessed to it being awkward when it was the core four, due to the major dispute between the Lodge's and the Jones's families. Jughead and I would always subtly insult one or others family, leaving Betty and Archie to get us to shut up. Admittingly, neither Jughead or I intended on attempting to mend our Friendship. We were selfish, with selfless partners. 

I watched them talking in the Lounge, laughing genuine laughs and not awkward laughs like Jughead and I usually heard. The two of us knew that they had a special bond, we don't confuse it for romance, but we figured out that we shouldn't intervene. I was jealous of their bond, not because of it being Betty with my Beau but more the idea of having a best friend that was so close to you, one that knew you and you knew them. One who stuck by yourside when no one else did. Of course, Betty and I were bestie's, but her and I would never share that same bond that Betty and Archie had developed over so many years. She was the B to my V, but we both knew there were limits to what we told each other, only if we were on the breaking point. Our way of confiding in each other was by distraction one or other. 

Watching them all Happy, I decided that I needed to go find Jughead. Not to make him jealous, not to create drama, but to at least be able to make them comfortable to hang out as the four of us again. We needed to be able to get along, for them. If we didn't, soon enough both our relationships would become toxic, Betty and I would struggle to be friends, Archie and Betty would be strained as would the bromance between the two boys. Off I walked to the Blue and Gold, where i would probably find Jughead invested in some new book., which I did. I waltzed into the room causing him to look up, with an eye roll. 

"Veronica, to what do I owe this pleasure?" he asked with his sarcastic lousy humour. "We need to get along." I stated looking him dead in the eye. "Why would I want to get along with a Lodge?" He asked me with his eyebrow raised, generally curious. 

"As we are in this room, Betty and Archie are in the lounge joking and laughing. Nothing to be jealous other than the fact that they are Genuine laughs, not the stiffled fake laughs we hear when it is the four of us. They don't deserve that. If we don't at least try to be acquaintances, we could cause our relationships to become toxic. Now, I don't know about you, but in my mind those are the two most selfless, loving people who don't deserve that. What do you think Jones? Can we at least not bring up our family feud around them?" I explained which caused Jughead's look to soften. 

Jughead was good for Betty, all he wanted was for her to be happy. Not that I would ever tell him, because that leaves more room for him to relax and stop trying with her because he may think his mission has been achieved. I watched as Jughead zoned out, listening to the Laughs we could here echoing through the hall. "It's been a while since I've heard Betts and Arch laugh like that," he sighed standing up. "Alright Lodge, lets do this. I like you, well at least you're in my good books. Take care of Arch. I would do anything for those two. Lets do it. Pops after school?" He said walking towards me. To my surprise when i nodded he hugged me, maybe this was the start to a new friendship. Now, no one is better than Betty's or Archie's bear hugs, but he wasn't half bad.