Sweet Pea x Betty

Hey guys sorry for being inactive recently. I have written some chapters and began a new book, that I am debating posting. I will try to be more active but have to do some studying over the next weeks and my wifi is malfunctioning. I hope you enjoy this chapter x. 

Please recommend some ships for me to write about. 

Betty's Pov:

I have been dating Jughead for about 2 years, but for the past month, something has been very off with him. He never had time to hang out with me, he always had 'serpent's business' to attend. He rarely spoke to me at school and if he did it was merely in front of the others, or to tell me that I was doing something wrong. It was getting annoying and hurtful at this point. To my surprise, Sweet pea was the only one that really noticed anything. He had taken me to Pops the other day when he found me crying, and I told him about what was going on. The others were all too busy with their relationships. To my benefit, Sweet Pea was never one of Jughead's biggest Fans and he admitted that he was rude to me because of his dislike to Jughead.

Today is Monday morning, I walked into the lounge with Jughead trailing behind me, eyes glued to his phone and chuckling every once in a while. When we entered the lounge Jughead came up to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I shrugged off his shoulder and sat next to Sweet Pea. "Hey Pea," I said with a smile. He smiled at me "Morning Betty," he replied before looking up to Jughead who was glaring at me. Everyone else was giving us confused looks but I ignored them.

Once everyone had gone back into their own little conversation and Jughead had squeezed himself to be sat next to me on my other side, sweet pea poked my side. "I need to talk to you later," He whispered giving me no other context. I nodded and then got up to head to class once the first bell went off. Biology with Jughead.

We sat down in the class and waited for the teacher to come. "What the hell was that betts?" He seethed at me clearly mad. "What?" I asked, trying to seem oblivious. "Shrugging me off and cosying up with S–" He started to reply before the teacher cut him off by telling everyone to settle down. I smirked but then looked down at my palms. Shit. "Today I am going to be starting a new project. You must carry out an experiment where you water a plant with different constancy of salt in the water," She explained the whole assignment and the lab report requirements. "You will be doing this in groups of two. I have decided that you will work with whoever you are sat next to." She finished. Great working with Jones. He began to ramble on about what we should do and where. Eventually we decided to start the lab report after school at my house.

At lunch, I met up with Sweet Pea. He had an unsettling facial expression upon his defined features. His lips were pursed into a slight frown, and he gazed at me with narrow hidden eyes– a look of pity. "Hey Pea, you wanted to talk?" I asked once I had walked up to him. "Uhm yeah, We might want to go somewhere private for this," he said looking at the ground. Oh god it is something bad. He lead me towards the Blue and gold. Once we were in he closed the door and looked at me.

"I really don't want to be the one to tell you this Betts, but it is only fair. You deserve to know. Please don't hate me." He said with a low concerned voice, god did his voice match his handsome feature. Focus Betty, you have a boyfriend, I thought to myself. "I won't hate you Pea. Lay it on me," I replied trying to sound strong, but knowing I may crack as I can be sensitive.

"Jughead, you said he's been distant," he whispered and I nodded as a reply. "Well uhh yesterday I was walking home from pops through The forest but uhm, something caught my attention on the side of sweet water river. I went to see what it was and it was a girl and–" he paused looking at me. I knew what he was going to say, I didn't want it to be true but I knew. I nodded at him to continue. "Jughead. They were making out and had no clothes on. Some of the other serpents had said that they have seen him with multiple other girls." He finished and I frowned slightly. He looked at me and opened his arms for me. I walked over to him and hugged him tight.