𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

☆☆☆

~I Became the Male Lead's Adopted daughter/I Became A Mother~

~Chapter 12~

☆☆☆

In the third floor living room

The fire was going as Leonia, Annelise, and Duke Phileo entered the room.

The family of 3 sat down on the couch facing the fireplace.

"My lady, here's your book." Connie said as she handed a book to Leonia who was on her mother's lap.

"Thank you!" Leonia replied as she grabbed the book.

Leonia opened the book as Annelise chuckled since she knew what book Leonia was reading.

Duke Phileo stared at Leonia then the title of the book grabbed his attention.

[Life is meaningless]

That was the title of the book as Duke Phileo was stupefied as he looked at the title of the book.

Annelise noticed Duke Phileo stupefied face as Annelise put a hand over her mouth and turned her head away from Duke Phileo.

Annelise tried containing her laughter.

"...What about fairy tales?" Duke Phileo questioned Leonia.

"They're too childish." Leonia answered.

"Kids your age are supposed to read stuff like that." Duke Phileo said.

"I'm nearly done anyway." Leonia said.

'....Looks like that's impossible.' Duke Phileo thought.

"....Where'd you find that book?" Duke Phileo questioned Leonia.

"Your library. You said we could read anything we wanted." Leonia replied.

"Why'd you choose that one?" Duke Phileo asked Leonia.

"The title seemed interesting." Leonia answered.

Annelise chuckled as she looked at Duke Phileo.

"You do have lots of very interesting books in your library." Annelise said as she remembered the books she found in Duke Phileo's library.

Duke Phileo just stared at Annelise. He would need to go check the library to see what books he had after all seeing the book that Leonia held, and what Annelise said made him want to see what books he had.

"Actually from are experience...Life is truly is meaningless." Leonia and Annelise said with blank faces        

'I guess that could've been your realization. Since living at the orphanage must've been tough.' Duke Phileo thought as he stared at the mother and daughter pair, and he leaned his head against his hand.

"....Leonia. do you ever want to see your birth parents?" Duke Phileo asked Leonia.

Annelise froze for some reason she has this feeling that Duke Phileo knows who Leonia's real parents are.