Chapter 29 - The Talks

Like what I have decided, I started opening up to them when they ask something about me or something like "how am I doing?". It wasn't simple and it's hard not being emotional but I got through every conversation. I also gained some pieces of advice that I really needed.

The first person who talked to me was my twin sister. I expected she will be the first. I already have a feeling she already knew what happened. Not the exact details but maybe a gist of what had happened. Our conversation went like this...

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

Alice asked me to accompany her to the mall because she needed to buy something and she needed someone to accompany her since Rose has other plans. She asked me if I could come with her and I said sure.

We went to Port Angeles and went to a supermarket. It looks like Esme asked Alice to buy some groceries. While we were shopping, Alice suddenly spoke.

"I have a feeling you want to talk to me now," Alice said while looking at the brand of the soap she was holding.

"How can you say so?" I asked.

"You wouldn't have come with me if you're not ok. You know we'll be alone and I'll definitely ask about it."

"Oh. Ok." Alice looked at me and said...

"So... what happened?" and there I was... spilling every detail. I told my sister everything that happened. It was painful narrating it because I can remember it, every detail and every word she has said. It's like flashing back in my mind, not only the memory but also the pain. After telling her everything, Alice thanked me and after that, we remained silent. We continued shopping. It was such a bummer that I decided to ask my sister this question.

"Alice?"

"Yeah..."

"Are you sure about Jasper?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you think that he's the one for you?"

There was a dead air for a while before Alice spoke again.

"Honestly I'm not sure. Well, you don't exactly know what happens in the future... but he's worth a shot."

"Well... what if one day... at some point in time... he leaves you. What if he tells you that he isn't the one for you? What would have you done?"

"I'm not sure... maybe I should just accept the fact that we are not meant to be."

"You'll just accept it? How will you do that?"

"Well Edward, life simply goes on. I'm sure if Jasper ever leaves my life... I would be definitely broken... but I believe that if he is not the one for me then maybe there's someone better out there. I'll just have to find him. Remember that... you'll need it... so you could have the hope of getting through this. I believe you can move on from this." Alice gave me a half smile. I returned it. Then we continued shopping.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

There might be somebody better out there.... That is what I have learned from Alice. But thinking about Bella not being the one for me really hurts... it felt wrong. I feel like Bella is the one but then again if she is... then why did she push me away? Why does it seem like the odds are against us?

The following day... after the talk with Alice, I was able to talk to Jasper. It was after basketball practice. All of my teammates had already left. I was still practicing my shooting. I was the only one in the gym... well, I thought I was... until Jasper showed up...