Chapter 32 - The Meadow

SIX YEARS LATER.....

I was driving my silver Volvo. It wasn't the same Volvo I was driving back in high school. It was a new one and it's the latest model of all Volvos. I was driving on the wet roads of Forks. I'm back after a few years. I'm going back to our old mansion to check on it before I sell it. My parents wanted me to do the transaction for them since they are both having a vacation in Isle Esme, Rio de Janiero, Brazil. They should retire now, after all, we already have enough money to last us a lifetime.

I'm still studying at a medical school. I still have five more years to go. After that, I'll be a licensed surgeon. I was already taking the secluded road to my old house when my phone rang.

"Hello," I said answering the phone.

"Hi, Ed! Are you there yet?"

"Not yet. But I'm getting close..."

"Oh, do me a favor and take some pictures of the old mansion. Send them to my e-mail."

"I will."

"Ok. How's Forks?"

"Still wet. How's New York?"

"Always busy and buzzing. Oh! My clients are here. Talk to you later Bro."

"Ok. Bye Alice."

"Bye."

I put down my phone on the passenger's seat. Alice is in New York. She's an interior designer now. Although she was only two years in the field, she's already famous. She always had a lot of projects to do and all of her clients are always amazed at her works. She plans to build her own interior designing company when she gets enough capital.

Alice and Jasper are still together. Actually, they are already engaged and getting married a few months from now. Jasper is still in law school. He has two more years to go before he graduates. He is also in New York.

Emmett is now working in his own construction firm. His firm is one of the best in Chicago City. We meet up once in awhile but he is really busy since he now has a family to tend to. He married Rosalie of course. They are married for almost two years now. They already have a boy and another baby coming along. Emmett and Rosalie are both proud parents.

By the way, Rosalie is now working as a production manager at Ford and at the same time, she is also managing her own auto shop. She does all that but she still has time for her boy and Emmett.

As I mentioned earlier, my parents, Carlisle and Esme are currently in Isle Esme. They are retiring there. They deserve it. They'll be staying there, then me, Emmett and Alice will visit them at Christmas Break.

I can now see the roof of the old mansion. I'm close now. I checked my watch. It is already one in the afternoon. I am now approaching the gate. I got out of my car to unlock the gate. I got into the compound with my car. The gate and walls are now full of vines. I reached the mansion and get out of my car. We have a caretaker here when we left Forks. It's the caretaker's day-off but he knows that I'm coming so he said he left the key under the mat at the door. I got the key and opened the door.

The house is almost bare but it still has some furniture covered with white cloths. I took some pictures with my phone. When I cleared the ground floor and the second floor, I went up to our old bedrooms. I took pictures at every room. I saved mine for last.

When I opened the door, I remembered how it looked like when I still live here. Then I looked at it now. It's really bare. There are only a bed, a couch, and a nightstand. All covered in white cloths. I walked in and took some pictures. When I was done, I sat on my bed. I looked under my bed and pulled out a sealed box.