Chapter 15- Two Roads Two Stories

It was a slow drive to my house and Bella was right behind me. I can't believe this is actually happening. Bella is coming over to my house, I anticipated this day to come. We are already in the secluded forest when my phone rang. It was Bella.

"Hello, is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Not exactly... uhm... are we still going the right way?" she asked wearily. I chuckled at that. I never told her where I lived.

"Yeah, don't worry. We're on the right track. Actually, my house is in the forest." There was a short pause then...

"You have got to be kidding me."

"Nope, sorry."

"Please tell me you're not some mutated animal."

"I'm not some mutated animal."

"Good..."

"What are you thinking?"

"It's a little embarrassing."

"It's ok. I won't laugh."

"It's not a joke, actually it's more of visualizing."

"I'm listening."

"Well, I am assuming, since you live in a forest..."

"That I must be a savage creature luring you to your death?" she was laughing at the other line.

"Nice guess but no, that's not what I meant."

"Then, what did you mean?"

"I'm visualizing a small fairytale-like cottage surrounded by a beautiful garden."

"That's also a nice guess Bella but... that's not what my home looks like."

"Then what does it look like?"

"You'll see it for yourself. Don't worry. Just a few more curves to go. We're almost there."

"Ok. Bye."

"Yeah bye..."

The rooftop of my house can now be seen at our spot. In just a few minutes we are already at the gate. The gate was already open since they are expecting us. I parked my car in the garage and assist Bella in parking hers near the porch. When she got out of her car, she was gaping at my house. Well, who wouldn't?

"Edward Anthony Masen Cullen, you are so not telling me everything." My angel spoke still looking at the house.

"Well, welcome to my house." Bella looked at me stunned.

"Are you freaking insane? You actually call this a house. This is more likely a palace!" I just laughed.

"Not like what you have in mind"

"Yes, definitely not like what I visualize."

"Well, wait until you see the inside," I told her and lead her to the porch or should I say grand terrace. There is a small cemented staircase in our front yard and some rosebushes at the sides. We reached the porch and I opened the huge double-door. I let Bella in first and she gasped.

"Wow..." was all she could say.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled for Esme to know that I'm already here.

Esme appeared from the living room. She hugged me like she usually does.

"How was school, dear?" she asked the same question every time I come home from school.

"It was great." The same answer I always tell my mom since Bella became my friend. I continued talking.