Chapter 16 - What Did I Say?

It was another gloomy morning in Forks... but not my mood. I was once again excited because Bella will come over again. I had a great time with Bella yesterday. Being around Bella makes me feel very human, I was no longer, what Alice calls it, a walking dead. I am really happy that my family is pleased with Bella. Even though it annoys me, I am really glad my sister is starting to get along with Bella. Alice doesn't just take anyone with her when she's shopping so it's a great factor she invited Bella to shop with her. I can feel my family's approval of Bella... as my friend. But I am hoping that Bella and I's friends-zoned relationship will end sooner. It's only a matter of time before we take our relationship to the next level.

I was just on my balcony, reading the last chapter of Wuthering Heights and drinking some of Esme's delicious homemade hot chocolate when I remembered something. I never ask Bella about her relationship with Jacob Black. I heard rumors that they're secretly together but Bella never mentioned anything. She would tell me if she and Black are together, right? I'll just ask her later.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

It's only 2:30 in the afternoon. Bella will be here in thirty minutes. I started to prepare all of our references. Doing a report on the Earth's biospheres isn't simple. I started making the presentation. In just a few minutes, I heard the doorbell rang. She's here. I felt my heart flutter by just knowing she's close by. I got out of the library to meet her myself. When I was already on the stairs, I heard someone opened the door.

"Oh, hello Bella! It's good to see you again." Esme greeted.

"Hi, Esme! It's good to see you too." said her angelic voice.

"Edward's upstairs. I think he's already in the library." I used that moment to make my presence known.

"I'm here," I said while going down the stairs. Then I saw her, the angel that haunts my dreams, my Bella. She was wearing a black sleeveless blouse and skinny jeans. She looks so damn hot.

"Oh Edward, it's good you're here. Anyways, I'll leave you two alone now. If you need me, I'll be out in my garden."

"Ok, Mom." With that, my mom gave me a teasing smile then left us. I hoped Bella didn't see that.

"Hey..." I said turning to my angel.

"Hello to you too. So should we get that report finished?"

"Let's go then."

We went upstairs back to the library. We started doing our tasks. We weren't as quiet as yesterday. We talked about random stuff from novels to movies. The more we talked, the more I found out that we have so many similar interests. After a few hours, we were finally done. We went to our same spots as yesterday and continued talking. It's like we always have something to talk about. Then I remembered what I was planning to ask her earlier this morning.

"So... uhm... I heard you and Jacob are a couple now." I began. Bella was shocked at first but then she blushed. I love her blush but I hate the cause of it. I suddenly felt jealous. I never thought that mere statement had an effect like that on her. I never knew Jacob Black has that effect on her.

"Oh, where did you hear that from?"

"Rumors. I just want to know if it's true."

"Oh no, Jake and I are not a couple... not yet." She said muttering the last part. And right there, I felt a squeezing pain in my chest. All this time, she has feelings for him. Just this morning, I was planning on telling her my feelings for her and moving our friendship to the next level. I didn't consider the idea that she might not have the same feelings for me, that I was nothing more but a friend to her.