Chapter 5- Meeting the Hales

It was lunchtime. Yes! I'm halfway there. Emmett and I entered the cafeteria. It was packed with students. Everyone stared at me. I scanned the room to find Alice. I saw her. She was sitting at a round table near the window away from other students. She was a blonde pale skinned girl who is strikingly beautiful and a guy who I recognize was Jasper. They looked almost alike... then it hit me, they must be the Hale twins.

Emmett and I got our trays to the canteen's counter. I took a slice of pizza and a can of coke since I wasn't really hungry. While Emmett took two hamburgers, a corndog, a Caesar salad, two slices of pizza and two cans of coke. That was so much for one person. Maybe he'll share it with his girlfriend. We paid for the food at the cashier and then went to the table.

"Hi, Em! Hi Ed!" Alice greeted us as we sat down. Everybody was staring at us but when Rosalie gave them a glare, they all looked away. Maybe being the dethroned Queen Bee still has some influential perks.

"Hey pixie, it looks like you already met Rose and Jazz." Emmett boomed while taking a seat beside Rosalie. I took my seat between Emmett and Alice.

"Obviously babe" Rosalie said with a smile.

"Haha! Anyways I liked you to meet Edward, Alice's twin brother. So Hale twins meet the Cullen twins, Cullen twins meet the Hale twins." Emmett introduced us to one another.

We all engaged in a conversation. It turns out that Alice has Jasper in most of her classes so they already met. Alice and Rosalie were lab partners in Chemistry that's why they met earlier. Jasper told them about the Irina incident that's why Jasper and I had already met. I also found out that Irina and Tanya are sisters, typical, no wonder. They are Rose and Jasper's cousins.

I learned that Rosalie has a passion for cars. She fixes and upgrades her own car and she owns that red Ferrari I saw earlier. No wonder boys drool over her. Jasper was the MVP in basketball here in Forks National High. He offered me to join the team for next week's audition. Our conversation went well. The Hales asked me and Alice about Vancouver, Spain, and the UK. They were so interested that we have already been to many places in Europe. I think the Hale twins could be our closest friends in the near future.

"Have you seen the Ballerina?" Rose asked Emmett.

"Nah" Emmett replied.

"Did you think she finally moved?" Rose said with a little anticipation.

"Nope, she still studies here. I heard Jacob talking to some of his buddies. According to him, she just got home from Arizona and took a day off. She'll be probably here by tomorrow." Emmett said.

"Great, I thought she was finally gone," Rose said with a frown. I think she was referring to her title rival.

"Anyway, what was her name? I kept hearing that nickname." Alice curiously asked.

"Well, her name is-" Rose said but was soon cut off by two guys.

"Hey, Emmett! Oh sorry, I didn't know you're going to sit with your cousins today." the guy with black hair said.

"Hey guys, it's cool. Hey Edwin! Hey Nick!" Emmett greeted them while giving high fives respectively.

"Oh, this is Edward and Alice." Emmett introduced. Then turning to me and Alice, "and these are my best buds, Edwin and Nick."

Edwin was the black haired one while Nick was the brown haired one. As soon as they sat down, they began talking about Emmett being chosen as this year's football captain. Soon we all talked again. I learned that there was a glee club here and Alice thinks I should join. Soon enough, the bell rang for lunchtime to end.

Just another few more classes then this first day of school will soon be over. We all rose from our seats and said our "goodbyes" and "see you laters". We all split in different directions. I checked my schedule. I only have three more classes to go. Nice. I entered my Biology class. No one was in. I took the front seat this time since I really love this subject. One by one the students entered the classroom. No one dared to sit beside me which was good. Soon the teacher entered.

"Hello class, I'm your teacher in Biology, Mr. Tony Barron. I'm 32 and an alumna of this school. So, expect a lot of laboratory activities and projects in this class but I'll bet you'll enjoy it." Mr. Barron introduced himself. He's very enthusiastic for a teacher.

"So the seats you are sitting on right now are your permanent seats and your seatmates would be your lab partners" he continued. Awesome but I don't have a lab partner. I was about to ask Mr. Barron but he looked at my direction and already saw my problem.

"Oh, don't worry Mr. Cullen. There's another student coming along tomorrow who will be your lab partner." He said.

The class continued until it was time for my next class. Two more to go... I looked at my schedule. My next class is Music with Mr. Flinch. I entered the class. Nothing much happened just that we have to introduce ourselves at the school auditorium and sing a song of our choice. I need to prepare for this since it will be held in the auditorium. Come on, like a stage, music, audience and single spotlight. The thought didn't make me nervous coz' I've done this a lot of times but I just don't get it why we have to do this so early.

The class went by and soon it was my last class for today, Gym. When class started, our couch Mr. Jackson just gave us free time to do whatever we want. I just sat in the corner and texted Alice.

Hey Al! Are you done with your classes? –Ed

Yup, how 'bout you? –Al

Just one more –Ed

Ok, I'll wait for you by the parking lot. –Al

Gym class ended soon. It should have been good if it wasn't because of another girl named Jessica who kept asking questions. I quickly went to the office to pass my slip. It was a good thing Mrs. Lee is busy talking to the principal to even stare at me. I headed to the parking lot. Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper were talking when I arrive. I joined in we had a short conversation and soon we all went home.

When Alice and I got home, Alice immediatelyfilled Esme with all the things that happened at school while I went to the musicroom to practice for my introduction then went downstairs for dinner with myfamily. We had a nice conversation and dinner. After that, I washed up and wentto my room. After a long day, all I want is to sleep and meet the girl in mydreams again.