Chapter 11- Nightmare

I got to bed early today. Today was the best day of my life. I finally got my opportunity. Bella is my friend now but I wasn't stopping there. I'll make my dreams come true. She'll be my girlfriend... I just hope. As I lay down on my bed, I remembered what Alice said when I told her about the details of the greatest incident that ever happened to me. She said that I was lucky enough to have it in one go but she also fears that I might lose it in one go. I told her that I wasn't planning on letting her go. I'll make this worked out, but I think I should take this slowly. After all, we just met.

Then my thoughts drifted to Bella and I's conversation earlier, I was so surprised that I and Bella had so much in common. I never knew Bella plays the piano nor did I know that she loves sunny places. Bella is just so beautiful. Everything about her just invites me in, her smile, her laughter, her scent, her hair, especially those beautiful brown eyes. She was the last thought I have before sleep overtook me.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

There was I in the meadow again with the girl of my dreams, Bella. She was wrapped in my arms, her back facing me. We just sat there in a comfortable, silent atmosphere.

"I wish I could stay like this forever... with you" I whispered near her ear.

"I wish I could as well but..." my beautiful angel trailed off.

"But?"

"I can't stay... with you..." she said now facing me with her sad eyes. My heart broke when her words processed in my brain. She doesn't want to be with me.

"But why?" I really don't get it. It doesn't make any sense.

"Because... because... there is... someone else... I am so sorry." and with that, she stood up and ran off.

"Wait! Bella! Don't go!" I chased after her.

I followed her through the forest but she was already gone. Gone...

I wandered through the forest until everything turned dark.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

I suddenly woke up with a jolt, panting and my heart was racing. I checked the time and it's only one in the morning.

That was a horrible dream. What does that mean? Bella and I won't last together? There's someone else? I'm confused now.

You're overreacting again, Edward.

Right. It was just a dream, just a dream. With that thought, I finally calmed down and drifted to a dreamless sleep.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

Alice and I are making our way to the parking lot. When we entered the parking lot, everybody's eyes were on me. I thought the stares are already over. Why am I getting this again? I parked my car beside Alice's Porsche. When I got out of my car, Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper came running towards me. Alice was giving them a questioning look and came to my side.

"Ed, what happened?" Emmett said.

"About what?" I asked. What's going on?

"Babe, I think you should tell him what you heard first," Rosalie spoke trying to make some senses in this situation.

Emmett spoke, "Right, sorry. I freaked out when I heard it. You see there's a rumor that spread last night about you and Bella Swan..." Oh God, what could it be? Wait, is it about the accident yesterday?

"...Some students saw you carrying Bella down the hall and Bella was bleeding. They even have a photo of it. There were a lot of assumptions on what happened and all of them are not good. So what really happened?" Emmett finished off. Before I could think of an answer, Alice already beat me to it.

"Yes it's true but it wasn't intentional. Edward accidentally hit Bella with his locker door. He just helped her. It was only a minor accident so no harm was done and besides Bella and Edward are friends now so everything is ok."

"Whooh! For a second there, I thought I was going to start to believe in those rumors." Emmett said.

"Ugh, rumors are just annoying. I can't believe a lot of people waste their time with such nonsense." Jasper spoke with evident irritation in his voice. We all agree with that statement.

Emmett, being Emmett, did the most likely thing he will do to break the ice, crack a joke about the situation.

"Wow, Eddie! It's a good thing you didn't destroy her face." Typical Emmett.

"Too bad you didn't destroy her face." said the all too familiar voice. That was so rude.

"What are you doing here, Tanya?" Rosalie replied coldly.

"I'm just looking out for Edward here," Tanya said while trying to get hold of my arm.

"Why would Edward need to be looked out for?" Alice voiced out the question in my head while I was busy trying to get away from Tanya.

"Well, as you may not know, somebody told the La Push guys that Edward beat Bella up. So the La Push guys are coming here to take their revenge." Tanya simply said. What!?!

"Revenge on Edward? This is not good." Jasper words made me shivered. He made the situation sound like a huge problem and if possible, life-threatening. Damn me for hitting Bella with my locker door!

"Oh my God! Babe, you should stop Jacob and his mutts before they do anything to Edward, what happened to James must not happen to him." Rosalie started panicking. James? Who is he and what happened to him?

"Who's James?" Alice asked. But before anyone could answer that question, we were interrupted by an angry voice.

"You!!!" we all turned to the direction of the voice and there... walking towards us are Jacob Black and his friends looking really angry. Tanya suddenly left my side to go to the now forming audience. So much for her "looking out for me" drama. The La Push guys brace walked until they are only a few feet away from us.

"How could you do that to Bella!?! Who do you think you are?" Jacob growled at me.

"This is a misunderstanding. It was an accident." I said back. How could this guy just accuse me based on rumors? He is definitely not thinking what he is doing and the trouble he's getting into.

"Liar!!!" Great, he's mind is already poisoned.

"He's telling the truth. It was just a minor accident and Bella and Edward are in good terms." Jasper defended me.

"Stay out of this, emo freak!" Quil shot back. Great, then the trash talking began. Jasper is now fuming. I never saw Jasper this angry and it's kind of scary. But then, they shouldn't try to piss off Jasper.

"Hey, dog! Jasper is trying to fix this misunderstanding. Why don't you cooperate?" Emmett joined in. Yeah, why won't they just listen?

"We don't cooperate with liars and who are you calling a dog? You're nothing but a puppy to your own girlfriend!" Embry shot back. This is not going well. I was fuming as well. How dare they!?!

"How dare you!?!" Rose said angrily. From the looks in all of us, a fight will soon break anytime and none of us are holding back.

"How about we end this now?" Jacob said trying to get a hold of my shirt and ready to punch me. Hell yeah, we are ending this. I was already ready to defend myself. But then we were interrupted by another angry voice.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!?" and I knew rightthen that I was saved by an angel.