Chapter 13- The Closer We Get

Bella and I started talking about random things until we reached our first class for the afternoon, Biology. When we entered the room, it was still empty. We sat at our usual table. I always dreamed of this day, the day I will get the chance to talk to my lab partner. I honestly chicken-out when I tried to start a conversation. But now, it is a dream come true.

I couldn't get enough of Bella. Her big chocolate brown eyes looking at me with such joy, her brown hair that is curled at the end, her cheeks that turns into a perfect shade of red when she blushes and her beautiful luscious lips that seem like begging to be kissed. I slowly found myself leaning towards her.

Edward, get a hold of yourself.

I stopped and Bella doesn't seem to notice a thing. Soon enough the bell rang and the students buzzed in the hallway and rushed to their classes. The Biology class was almost filled with students but Bella and I just kept talking. Soon, Mike and Tyler entered the room and glared at me. At the first day of school, I received a lot of stares but now, I am receiving a lot of glares.

Mr. Barron entered the class and Bella and I stopped talking. He was bringing in a lot of microscopes and slides. He handed us a microscope for each table and a set of slides. He was explaining what we are going to do when I realized that I have already done this in my old school in Vancouver. It seems like Bella also knew what to do as she set up the slides in the microscope. We took turns in peeking through the microscope and soon we were finished before our other classmates barely started. Mr. Barron came to our table and asked why we are not working on the lab activity. We told him we were already done and Mr. Barron was really impressed and told us that it is good that we are lab partners. After Mr. Barron left, Bella started talking again.

"Mind telling me how you already know this lab activity," she asked with a smile.

"Well... I already did it twice before."

"Really? When and where?"

"Well, I learned how to use a microscope when I was 8 when I saw my teacher using a microscope. He taught me how to attach the slides. He was going to teach me how to scan things using the microscope but we left Italy soon and I was sent to Spain to live with my grandparents. I wanted so badly to learn how to look through a microscope, so I asked my grandfather to teach me. He taught me how by using onion rings and that is why I already know cell division. The second time was in my old school in Vancouver." Bella had a shocked look on her face.

"What?" Did I say something wrong?

"You used to live in Italy and Spain before?" she said.

"Yes, my father moves around because of his job so we follow him."

"Wow, are there more places you have already been?"

"Uh... yes"

"Oh, please tell me."

"All of it?"

"Well yes"

"If I tell you all the places I've been, I might as well tell you my whole story." It's true. I have been traveling my whole life. It's a part of me to travel a lot.

"I don't mind. If there are things you don't want me to know, you can skip that part."

"Ok then, hmm... where do we start?"

"Since the day you were born..."

"That's a good idea," I said before I told her my story.

"I was born on June 20 in Chicago, Illinois. I was the first born while Alice was the second. Our parents, Carlisle and Esme, stayed there until we were nine months old. We moved to Rio de Janiero, Brazil because my mom got a project there that would pay her well..."