Chapter 4- Can't Get Any Better

When I entered my Spanish class, as expected they all stared at me. I gave my best intimidating look and most of them looked away. When I sat down in the seat at the back of the class, everyone continued what they are doing before I entered the room. Finally! Then my inner joy faded when a strawberry blonde girl walked towards my table and sat beside me. She flipped her hair; trying to give off her scent which is vanilla mixed with some strong perfume. She looked at me.

"Hi, you're new here, right?" she started. Obviously

"Yes," I replied. I made my reply short to show that I'm not interested to talk to her at the same time, not being entirely rude.

"What's your name?" she continued.

"Edward Cullen"

"Oh, I'm Tanya Denali. You're Doctor Cullen's son, right?"

"Yes"

"I've met him when I brought my sister for a checkup."

"Ok"

"Anyways, why did you move here?"

"My father's job purposes" when will she notice I don't want to talk to her.

Just before she could say anything, the teacher entered the room. She greeted us in Spanish.

"Buenos Dias clase! (Good morning class!) I'm Ms. Soledad Rivera and I will be your teacher in Spanish. The goal of our class is when you finished this; you would be very fluent in Spanish. Claro? (Clear?)" She said with some sort of accent. I think it was Brazilian or something.

"Yes," we all said.

"Bueno (Good), now I want you to introduce yourselves in Spanish if you can, but if you can't, it's ok to speak in English, and tell something about yourselves." She continued.

"Tú empezar (You start)" pointing to a boy at the front of the class.

Everyone introduced themselves. Most of them spoke in English and some tried to speak Spanish but failed to put two sensible words together and were only been corrected by Ms. Rivera. Not that I'm bragging but I used to live in Spain for four years before I moved to Vancouver. I stayed there with my grandparents. I learned Spanish there and become fluent in it.

I had these thoughts in my head until I noticed that Tanya was already introducing herself.

"Hello, my name is Tanya Denali. I love shopping, make-up and hanging out with my dearest friends." She said. Typical...

Ms. Rivera nodded then looked at me, signaling that it was my turn. I stood up.

"Mi nombre is Edward Cullen. Justo me trasladarse desde Vancouver, Canada. Antes me vivir en España antes trasladarse yo allá. Estudiar de ya españoles en mi antiguo colegio en Barcelona, España (My name is Edward Cullen. I just moved from Vancouver, Canada. I used to live in Spain before I moved there. I already studied Spanish in my old school in Barcelona, Spain)" I said without stuttering and I took my seat.

Everyone had their jaws dropped even Ms. Rivera. I guess they never met someone like me who is British-American but can speak Spanish with ease. Soon, Ms. Rivera snapped out of it.

"Ide nada (You're welcome). Gracias para presenter tú mismo (Thank you for introducing yourself). It seems like Mr. Cullen here had a background in speaking Spanish since he used to live in Spain." She said.

All the students' eyes nearly popped out on what they just heard. Somehow, I was enjoying their shocked faces. Then Ms. Rivera started discussing the basics of Spanish, which I already knew. The class went by until it was time for my next class, Trigonometry.