Chapter 14 - Anticipation

I walked slowly to them prolonging the moment. God, I'm already nervous. What will I tell them? Well, Alice already knew the entire story. She'll just need an update. Jasper knew a few things about it but I bet he has something to ask. Then there's Emmett and Rosalie. God, this won't be pretty.

What the heck? Why am I nervous? For goodness sake, I can always hide the truth and act normal. Way to go to build your confidence. I was now with them. Emmett, of course, was the first one to speak.

"Dang it, Ed! I was starting to think you're gay." Everyone laughed.

"So... what's going on between you and Bella?" Rose teased. Every pair of eyes in our small group is on me.

"Well, you already knew that... we're friends now." I casually replied.

"Really? Just friends? Are you sure you ain't hiding anything?" Emmett said.

"Yup..."

"But you like her?" asked the devil and traitor known as Jasper Whitlock Hale.

"As friends... yes."

"Well, we'll see..."With those words, everybody decided to drop the topic and talk about random things. As usual, odd one out.

We... or they ended the conversation and went our separate ways. When Alice and I got home, we did our homework, have dinner with our family and went to bed. I fell asleep the moment my head hit my pillow.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

A few days had already passed. Bella and I grew closer. Today is one of the most exciting days of my existence. Bella and I are recently partners for a biology report and we both decided to prepare the report together. So we decided that Bella will come over to my house today. I'm super happy because this means Bella and I will become closer and partly terrified because I doubt Alice and Esme will not give Bella and me some peace. Although, they promised that they won't disturb us but... I just don't want Bella to feel uncomfortable.

It was already my Literature class and thank God it is. Just a few more hours. When I entered the class, Emmett signaled me to sit beside him.

"You're finally bringing a girl home. You're growing up. I am so proud of you." Emmett said while wiping his eyes indicating he was fake-crying. I just laughed at his antics. Emmett could be such a child. Yeah, my family and friends, specifically Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett, knew that Bella will be coming over to my house. How did they found out? One word. Two syllables. ALICE.

"We're just doing a report." I defended. Something I always do in the past few days due to their never-ending questions about me and Bella.

"Right... have fun with your REPORT..." Emmett teased. I know Emmett's mind is currently somewhere in the gutter but I can't help but fantasize that Bella isn't only coming over because of a report we need to do together.

"You know you can tell me anything, like have a talk." He added. I laughed.

"You mean like a GIRLS' TALK."

"Dude, I mean like a men's conversation"

"If you say so, Em."

Class went fast and soon it was lunchtime. I sat with my family. I looked around and saw Bella sitting with Jacob and the La Push gang. Yesterday, Bella finally forgave Jacob and the guys. They are all trying to make it up for her. I felt a pang of jealousy seeing Bella and Jacob together. I always think about their closeness. If I happened to be a stranger and I saw them for the first time, I might think they are a couple. I felt a pain in my chest and I knew the pain also reflected in my eyes but I masked it away, knowing my family will be looking. And I was right.

"So your girlfriend dumped you?" Emmett teased.

"She's not my girlfriend." But I hope she is.

"Ok so... not girlfriend didn't sit with you today. You must be mad."

"No, I am not mad. She can hang out with whoever she wants. I am not her only friend."

"OMG! I can't wait for Bella to come over today." Alice said changing the topic for my relief.

"Alice, Bella and I are going to do our report. We'll be busy and you don't disturb us."

"Ahhh.... I'll find a way for us to talk."

"Don't scare her."

"Don't worry I won't."

We ate our lunch and talk then the bell rang indicating the start of the afternoon classes a.k.a. Bella Time. As expected, Bella walked up to me on the way to class.

"Hey" Bella greeted me.

"Hi! Did you... uhm... enjoy your lunch?"

"It was nice."

"And Jacob?"

"He's cool again. He cracks jokes again."

"Good. I guess you're happy now... since, you know, you and Jacob are ok again."

"Yup! Oh, sorry if I wasn't able to join you today for lunch"

"No, it's ok. My family wants to talk to me anyway."

"Oh... I'm really excited for tonight. Are you sure your parents won't mind?"

"Yeah, in fact, they are excited as well to meet you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, especially Alice. They all think I am finally seeing some daylight."

"Traveling a lot can make you a loner, can't it?"

"You can say that. But I must warn you about Alice. She gets a little... too excited, especially today because this is the first time I'll be bringing a friend over to our house."

"Ok, thanks for the heads up."

We got in our biology class. Everything seems to pass so fast coz' next thing I knew it was gym class.

We are going to play volleyball, Bella's most hated ballgame. Coach Jackson divided us into two teams. Bella and I are on the same team and Jessica and Jacob are on the other team to my joy.

When the game had started, I was always on guard in case the ball went to Bella's direction but so far no ball even reached Bella's position. Then I noticed Jessica, looking at Bella and getting ready for a spike. No way! She will try to spike on Bella. When Jessica spiked the ball, I went in front of Bella and countered the spike. Bella fell on her butt in the process and the ball went onto the ground of the opposite court and bounced back and hit Jacob's face. I laugh mentally about that. I helped Bella up and she thanked me. Jacob is glaring at me right now, something he always does.

We won the game because of my counter spike. My teammates congratulate me and I congratulate them as well. Bella was so happy. She jumped at me and hugged me. The hug sent an electrifying feeling all over my body. I never felt so happy. I was enjoying Bella's company so much that it is hard to even think of myself without her.

Bella and I exited the gym and went to the music room for the Glee club meeting. The club is going to hold the Autumn Concert soon and the preparation needs to be very detailed. The Autumn Concert is like a singing contest. A lot of awards will be given and a lot of performances will be shown. The entire school is actually buzzing about it. The concert is something the students are looking forward to. After the meeting was finally adjourned, Bella and I went to the parking lot to get to our cars. I was going to lead the way and Bella will follow me. We both got into our cars and started the engine. We both left the parking lot and drove off to my house. I looked at myself in the rearview mirror. I saw an emotion on my face that I thought that doesn't matter and my family thought that will never appear this constantly... pure happiness.