1. Just a Regular Game of Pool

Like usual, it was a regular day where the sun would have hung high in the sky, but today it was covered by an obnoxiously thick blanket of stormy gray clouds. It was obvious that it had rained during the night and it was bound to happen again soon.

You awoke from what seemed to have felt like a 30 minute nap rather than 8 hours worth of sleep. You looked over at the alarm clock with dreary eyes, it read 10:40am. "Ugh.. And I told myself I would wake up at early this time." You yawned and hesitantly heaved yourself up and off your bed.

You walked into the bathroom to take a shower to pass by some time and refresh yourself for the, presumingly boring, day ahead of you... Around 40 minutes later, you soon came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around your waist.

You spent a few minutes just searching your closet for some decent clothing. You ended up getting changed into a navy blue button-up shirt, black trousers and a black belt.

It was now 2 o'clock when you had finally decided where you should waste some time at. You took out your laptop and searched up 'local bars near you', soon figuring that you will go to the one that was no more than 6 minutes away.

...

You arrived at the bar and surprisingly enough there were not many people inside. You hopped onto a stool near the bartenders stall, wondering if you should order a pint. You took the time to survey your surroundings.

In that time, you noticed a man leaning on the pool table. You had to admit, he looked very lonely just standing there, leaning against it. Maybe he was waiting for someone, but you wasn't really too sure- Could be anything really.

Tapping on the table infront of you in boredom, you decided you would watch the man for a while considering you had forgotten your phone at home. He had a lean sort of figure with somewhat long, silky and dark brunet hair with some gray streaks. He seemed to also have silver eyes that seemed like it could kill.

You waited a few minutes which honestly felt like hours.. If only you did not forget your phone. You would occasionally glance over at the man, but mostly just pretending like you were looking at something else in his direction.

It was a few more minutes before decided you would take it upon yourself to approach the man. Who knows, maybe you could try and befriend him or play a game of pool? Its abit of a wildcard considering this guy is a total stranger but whatever. You need to overcome that social anxiety of yours somehow.

Hopping off your seat, you walked over to the pool table, picking up one of the cue sticks off of the table, looking it over for a few moments.

The man on the opposite end of the table peered up and watched you for a few moments, shifting from his position of leaning on the pool table to standing up straight. "Oh, are you planning on using this now?"

You looked up at the man and replied. "Oh, not really. I came here alone anyway. I have no one to challenge to a game of pool even if I wanted to." You continued to fidget with the cue stick, unsure of what else to do.

The man nodded slowly, glancing down at the cue stick that you were fidgeting with. "Ah, well maybe we could play a game if you would like? Just to pass some time."

Your lips curved slightly in the corners at the offer, maybe this guy isn't too bad just yet. "That would be great."

...

You and the man played pool for quite some time before another group came in to play pool. You both then walked over to a table and seated yourselves. The man was the first one to speak.

"So.. I never got your name?"

"Oh, my name is Y/N L/N. What is your name?"

"My name is William.. William Afton. It is a pleasure to meet you Y/N."

William smiled warmly at you, his silver eyes looking you all over... It seemed mind of creepy in a way too... Or unusual.. You did not really know how to word it. Eh, it was probably nothing but you decided to speak up about it anyway.

"Is there something wrong William?"

"Oh, of course not.." William continued to smile, though his tone of voice rather serious and not exactly friendly. "You think I did not catch you staring at me?"

You looked at William, a confused expression spreading across your face before you realised what he was referring to.

"Oh- I am sorry about that-" You scratched the back of your neck, trying to hide your light embarrassment now with a light chuckle. You looked over at the clock that was on the wall. It was already 6pm. Dang time flies by quickly.

"Oh, I have to go now. Maybe we can meet up sometime soon?"

"Maybe.. Tomorrow you should come to the pizzeria that opened up a few weeks ago if you would like. I am one of the co-founders there after all and I have not seen you there before." William said. It seemed more like a statement rather than a kind offer.

"That sounds nice. I will make sure to check it out tomorrow then I suppose. Does 3pm seem good for you?"

"Yeah, 3pm is fine."

You stood up and smiled. "See you tomorrow William."

"See you tomorrow, Y/N." William smiled back with a slight waving hand, but when you were finally out of sight his smile quickly dropped back to a bitchy resting face and he put his hand back down to rest on the table.

987 Word Count
First Published - 12/03/22