3. Hired or Fired

It had been a few days after you had asked William about potentially signing up and you were still awaiting a response.

Just then, your phone lit up and buzzed, it seems like someone was calling you. You searched your pockets quickly before you eventually found it. Taking it out, you looked to see who it was. Unknown Caller. You were confused by this and was expecting it to just be some spam but you accepted the call anyway and put the phone near to your ear.

"Hello? Who is this?" you spoke.

"Hello Y/N L/N." said a familiar voice.

"Oh! Hello William! Why are you calling me?"

"It is about your application for the job as.. if I recall correctly.. as a security guard? We have looked thoroughly through your application and.." William paused, staying silent for a few seconds before hesitantly speaking again, "..It was okay. We just need to set up an interview. Would tomorrow at 4pm be alright?" William said. You could hear the sound of pencil to paper so he was probably writing something down too.

"Oh, sure! I can make it then! Thanks William!" You smiled joyfully, trying your best to stay positive and ignoring the uncertainty in his voice.

"Great..." William's voice suddenly went cold and blatant. "That will soon be Afton to you, L/N."

You were silent for a moment, abit stunned by William's sudden change of voice. "Uhm- Sure- Mr Afton-"

William cackled. "I was only messing with you, Y/N, but it would be ideal for our relationship to become abit more professional than how it is as of now."

"Yes William- Mr Afton." You stuttered, lightly punching yourself in the arm for messing that up.

"I will not be calling you tomorrow to remind you.. So do not forget." William then hung up the call.

You put the phone down and squealed in excitement. Not only would you potentially be working in the pizzeria, you would finally be able to pay off the debts you had. You recall how it had been a struggle finding a job that would pay a decent wage and so your debts just kept building up and raising, but now you would finally be able to pay them off - If you succeeded with the interview and was hired that is.. I wonder how it will go.

...

It was the day. You quickly put on some smart clothes and headed to the pizzeria, soon arriving there.

You could see a familiar figure standing at the doorway of the pizzeria.

"Hey Afton!" You called out, quickly jogging towards him.

William turned to look at you. "Hello Y/N. I see you took my 'advice' already." William smirked.

"Uhm, yeah. Anyway, are we doing that interview now?"

"Of course, just follow me." William walked into the pizzeria at a fast pace which you struggled to keep up with.

You and William soon arrived at his office and walked inside. William sat down at his desk and you sat down on the chair infront of it. You took a moment to observe your surroundings. William's office was decently sized with some open space. It was not massive of course. There were several cabinets against the walls and shelving units stacked full of boxes and objects that seemed like they could fall off at any moment.

You were suddenly torn from your train of thoughts when William cleared his throat and spoke. "Let's get this started now, shall we?"

You quickly looked over at William and nodded vigorously, signalling that you were ready to start the interview..

...And so it began. Jeez was it going to be stressful. Atleast it might be worth it, if you get hired that is.

624 Word Count
First Published - 21/03/22