12. "Never, you say?"

It was an hour past closing time when 5 of the employees and the 2 owners gathered in the Dining Area.

Henry Emily looked around anxiously at the employees, "Any information about the missing kid?" He asked nervously.

Many of the employees just shook their head in silence.

"Maybe the kid just left the pizzeria without her mother."

"What if the mother hasn't found the kid though?"

"There isn't much we can do about it if the kid left the premises."

"How would the kid manage to leave without any of us noticing though?"

The employees had many questions of course, but none could be answered. Henry looked over at William, gesturing for him to step away for a moment so they could talk abit more privately. You however shuffled abit in their direction to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"What do we do?.." Henry asked.

"..All we can do is send the employees home. We can't keep them overtime any longer. I'm sure the mother will have filed a missing person report by now if the kid never returned to her."

"But the kid.."

"The kid is gone, we don't know where she is. Do you expect the employees to work overtime for another hour searching for a kid that probably isn't even in the building? We have searched every room and every hiding spot.. Now let the employees go home. They deserve it."

Henry looked pitifully at the employees. Even though they had offered to help search for the missing kid, they probably just wanted to go home now.

"Alright then.." Henry sighed. "You may all go home."

The employees nodded and soon they all had left. Now it was just you, William and Henry. William and Henry were just talking.

You looked over at the exit, you could probably leave if you wanted to, though William would probably get mad at you for it.. He was halfway through a conversation though.....

You glanced at William and back at the exit, shuffling abit towards your escape. William put a hand on your shoulder, his grip tightening abit. He didn't even need to look at you to know what you were going to do.

You tried to shake his hand off but his grip just tightened even more to the point it was getting rather uncomfortable.

It was probably about 10 minutes later when they finished speaking. William practically dragged you out of the pizzeria in silence, leaving Henry alone to do what he usually did after closing time.

He opened the rear door and waited for you to climb in before shutting it. He then walked around the car and opened the drivers' door, getting in and shutting the it. He started the car, allowing the interior to heat up abit, but didn't start driving. He just sat there, tapping on the rim of the steering wheel.

You sat there in the awkward silence for a few moments before speaking.

"Mr Afton?.."

"Quiet."

You blinked, confused, but did as he said. It took a few more minutes before William then spoke.

He turned to look at you.

"I told you not to try and tell someone about what happened, and yet you disobeyed me."

"I didn't- I was only going to report to Henry about the missing kid."