Chapter 17

Sooooooooo..... It's been a while. I swear I have a perfectly good reason for it and I will give you the deads after the chapter cause obviously that's what you're here for.

Also, if you are reading any of the other works of mine, you will notice that the author's notes are the same. That's because I'm lazy and sleep deprived.

Also it's my birthday! So this is a treat from me to you. Enjoy the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------

Time seemed to stop for a moment before Ed quickly took off his coat and got ready to jump into the water. If he was thinking more clearly, he would have remembered his metal leg and that he wouldn't be any better in the water than the kid who just fell over. He wasn't a good swimmer in calm waters, much less in a storm, but he was not giving much to that. The kid might just drown if someone doesn't save him.

He could also see Al getting ready to jump with him in the corner when Hagrid suddenly shouted.

"Don't worry ya'll! Everythin's just fine!"

"That child just fell into the lake, Hagrid!" Winry shouted back from next to him. "He could drown!"

"Just wait a sec and watch."

Ed was going to ignore him and jump when the kid that fell in rose from the water. He was trembling and looked a little startled, but other than that, he looked fine. Something seemed to push the kid into the boat from the lake, and the trio quickly caught him. Winry took the coat Ed had thrown away and speedily covered the kid while Al tried to ask the kid if he was okay. Ed gave a look over him to make sure he was okay before looking into the water. It wasn't very clear with the storm, but he could just see something large move through the water. Ed wasn't sure he was grateful for the creature or horrified that something like that lived near a school.

"Ya alright, kid?" Hagrid called out from his boat. The kid gave a thumbs up, and it seems that was enough for the giant man because the boats started moving again.

"You sure you're okay kid?" Ed asked when they finally reached the cliff on which the castle stood. They all bent their heads as they reached the cliff, and the boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face.

"Yeah! It was scary but it was also really cool!" the kid said excitedly. "My big brother told me that there is a squid in the lake but I didn't think I would actually meet it! This is the best day ever!"

"'Meet' isn't exactly the word I would use," Al said with a chuckle as they moved along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle. They reached a kind of underground harbour, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

"What's your name, kid?" Ed asked with a grin. He didn't know why but the kid's energy was even making his grumpy self smile.

"Dennis Creevey! What about you?"

"Edward Elric."

"Winry Rockbell."

"Alphonse Elric."

"Oh you guys are brothers! That makes so much sense! Are you guys twins? My brother said there is a twins studying at Hogwarts. No one can tell them apart! Atleast you guys look a little different. I wish me and my brother looked alike too."