Chapter 7

I'm baccccck! And I brought a new chapter! Enjoy!

When Ed is deep in his research, there's not much that can bring him back to the real world. But there are some ways that you can get his attention. Shouting, for example.

"You dropped it on purpose!" A male voice roared from downstairs. "You knew he'd eat it, you knew he was on a diet-"

Ed looked up, a little spooked to see Al and Winry are also shocked by the shouting.

"Should we go check what's wrong?" Al asked tentatively.

The three of them reached the kitchen to see the Weasley family with a few additional red-heads and a boy and girl with black and brown hair, respectively. Mrs. Weasley seemed ready to tear them all a new one while all the others seemed to be nervous.

"What's going on?" Ed asked, sensing the tense atmosphere.

"Oh, Edward! Nothing much dear, why don't you meet Harry and Hermione here, not to mention Charlie and Billy. They just arrived you see."

"Thats alright Mrs. Weasley, we were just studying. If everything's alright we'll just go back to our room."

"Speaking of rooms, why don't you show Harry where he's sleeping, Ron?" the girl, Hermione apparently, said from the doorway.

"He knows where he's sleeping," said Ron, "in my room, he slept there last-"

"We can all go." said Hermione pointedly.

"Oh," said Ron, catching on. "Right."

"Yeah, we'll come too," George blurted, wanting to get out of the room.

"You stay where you are!" snarled Mrs. Weasley.

The Amestrian trio slowly backed away from whatever was going on in the kitchen, taking the steps two at a time to get to their room.

(ノ^o^)ノ

"So, who were those three blondes?" Harry asked after all the catching up was done.

"Don't you remember about the new land that the Ministry of Magic has made ties with?" Hermione asked. "I wrote about them to you. Apparently, the people there know little about magic, so they're sending everyone with magic to the magical communities to learn it. Hogwarts accepted the children and now those three are staying with the Weasley family."

"Dumbledore asked dad if they could stay, actually. They're not so bad unless you mention the short guy's height." Ron added.

"I see. And everyone's okay with this new land just popping up?" Harry asked, feeling suspicious.

"Well, they're not exactly new. There are records of them in alchemy books and texts. But they use a different name now." Hermione said.

"What's the old name?" Ron curiously asked.

"Xerxes."

~(^з^)-♡

By seven o'clock the boys were completely focused on their books and Winry was bored. There wasn't much she could do to help them, both mission-wise and alchemy-wise. It was times like these that made her feel distant from the brothers.