Chapter 9: Awakening (M)

"Mine..." a man's deep voice whispered to Feiyan.

Still trapped in the darkness of her fever dream, Feiyan realized that the sound came from somewhere around her calves. The lightest of touches feathered over her skin, climbing from her knees up to her inner thighs and even further. The caresses were insistent but gentle, touching her until she could feel pleasure tingling up her belly. She gasped, hips and spine lurching up as she tried to get away from the sensations, but the hands grasping her hips held her firmly. One large hand skimmed softly up to her belly, stilling her in a reassuring manner. She bit her lip as the soft touches continued...wet and hot and...

What?!

Feiyan snapped her eyes open, nearly jolting out of her skin as she tried to shove away the gorgeous man running his tongue down from the inside of her knee along her inner thigh.

"KYAAH! STOP!"

"Shhh..." he whispered, breath fanning across her flushed skin. Almost gliding, he slowly kissed his way up her belly, touching his lips to the undersides of her breasts, then her collarbone, nipping her throat as his fingers slid themselves skilfully against the wetness of her sex. His other hand, splayed possessively against her breastbone.

Feiyan discovered that she couldn't move at all: her body seemed frozen in the half light of her dream. Unexpectedly her heart squeezed so hard she thought she'd be sick.

It's...my chest is burning!

"Hngh!" she huffed in pain and surprise.

The demon frowned. Looking anxious, but still intent on giving her pleasure, he put his head down on her stomach and stroked his fingers deeper distracting her from the pain. Gradually, the burning in her chest eased and something different rose up in her body. Although, she thought she'd been feeling fear, it receded and was slowly drowned out by something else...something unexpectedly fierce.

Slowly the splayed fingers feathered upward from her breastbone and the man threaded his fingers through her long, tangled hair, cupping the back of her head. Their eyes met as he lifted her into a brain melting kiss.

Red horns tipped with black, ruby red eyes, white skin and hair, and a powerfully built body...not a man, but a magnificently beautiful demon...

She opened her mouth to speak, but he thrust his tongue into her mouth, claiming her. Instead of resisting, her body unconsciously responded to him, and a sensual heat clawed up her body as they melded with growing passion.

"Mine..." he repeated softly, drawing his head back to stare at her. Dazed by his beauty, she could only stare back.

Gazing at her intently, he shifted his body, positioning himself between her carelessly splayed legs, but then he paused as if waiting for her to acquiesce. Her eyes widened, realizing the state of his arousal. At his limit, the demon whined, nuzzling at her neck, sliding urgently against her wetness, and yet he still waited for her answer.

Feiyan flinched as he brought his face even closer.

The ruby red eyes above her were framed with heavy white lashes, and they bore into her, drinking in her features. Her stomach flipped as his gaze filled with a deep longing, but she could also see an inexplicable sadness.

Without realizing what she was doing, she reached towards him, giving in to the sudden desire to comfort him.

"Mine..." he whispered in a voice silky with delight and satisfaction. "Mine!"

Crushing her into his embrace, the demon proceeded to devour every inch of her...But fire once again stabbed her in the chest, and she screamed in horror as the demon punched his claws into her chest lto lift out her still beating heart.