Ruby Rose x loner female reader "First sight."

This takes place in an AU where Salem and her inner circle except for Roman and Neo never existed. Roman and Neo were captured and agreed to teach dust combat at Beacon.

(Y/N) Oobleck, the 16-year-old daughter of Doctor Bartholomew Oobleck. Her mother was killed when she was a child, no one knows the reason except for (Y/N) and her dad. (Y/N) has blocked her dad out and won't even talk to him anymore, whenever he tries to talk to her she runs away, he knows why but it still hurts.

(Y/N) is a first-year at Beacon, no one knows her name except for the faculty, and one other person. Although a few people have tried to talk with her she always leaves before they even have the chance. Everyone has given up on her except for the faculty, her best friend, and one Ruby Rose. Every day she tries to talk to the (H/C) girl, and every time she doesn't get a response. (Y/N) was placed on a one-person team, only she, her best friend, and the faculty know why though.

(Y/N) is walking down the halls with her hands in her pockets and her head down when she hears the familiar footsteps of Beacon's resident cookie monster. She braces herself for the inevitable, she is nearly knocked to the floor by a hug from Ruby.

(Y/N) looks down at her chest and sees Ruby hugging her tightly.

Ruby: "Hi." Ruby says cutely. (Like when she hugs Qrow.)

(Y/N) doesn't respond and stands up before prying Ruby's hands off of her and walking to her next class.

Ruby: "I will hear your voice soon." Ruby says from next to (Y/N) as she walks with her. (Y/N) huffs in annoyance and keeps walking while thinking about Ruby.

(Y/N): 'Why is she so persistent? I love everything about her but I can't act on it. DAMNIT! I could confess right now if I wanted, NO you can't get close to anyone. Remember what happened in the past.' (Y/N) thinks as she walks through the halls and into professor Roman's classroom, with Ruby following.

(Timeskip)

(Y/N) goes to sleep like normal that night, but her nightly nightmares have another plan. She tosses and turns as her nightmares are centered around Ruby.

(Y/N): "NO!" (Y/N) screams as her semblance activates in her nightmare. She grows a few feet and grows fur all over her body, her fingernails transform into claws, her teeth into fangs, and her face morphs into one of a wolf. She charges at and swiftly kills Ruby making (Y/N) scream out in anguish and wake up abruptly.

(Y/N)'s semblance turns her into a Werewolf, or as she calls it her feral form, that attacks anything in sight. It activates whenever her anger spikes. While she can't do anything to stop it, she is still there when stuff happens, meaning she has to watch everything that her feral form is doing. She pushes people away because she's afraid she will kill them like she did her mother. When she was 10 her semblance activated and she killed her mom, her dad hid this fact and tried to help (Y/N) with her semblance, but she was scared she'd hurt him too, so she pushed him away.

She sobs heavily as she calls her best friend. The scroll rings a few times before the other person picks up.

Cardin: "Hello (Y/N)." Cardin's voice says from the phone, once he hears her sobs he hangs up and is climbing through her window in 30 seconds. It's nice having a best friend who lives one floor below you.

Cardin: "Hey, calm down, I've got you." Cardin says as he pulls her into a soothing hug. Cardin had gone to therapy and had stopped treating Faunas badly, he even started dating a ram Faunus girl named Sara who works as a blacksmith.

Cardin: "Shh. I got you. I got you." Cardin says as he rubs her back lightly and lets her cry into his chest. The crying stops after a few minutes of him soothing her. (Y/N) looks at him as she mentally curses him, why does he half to be so persistent. She even told him about her semblance and he still stuck by her side.