5 | He and I

Kenji stared at himself again, contemplating his next few moves before the U.A. entrance exams starts, contemplating if he should rope in Katsuki to help him train or to do things solo again. A sickly feeling started to brew in the pits of his stomach, it was the same discomfort he felt whenever Katsuki hang out with his 'friends' instead of Kenji; it was the same feeling he felt when Katsuki stopped hanging out with him temporarily just to play with the other kids in the playground when they were kids. "I'm jealous..." Kenji muttered, feeling the need to barf this unusual feeling, gods he hated this, it was akin to torture.

"Why am I jealous anyway, it was his idea to stop hanging out just to lessen the shit people think about me," Kenji said to himself before pulling out his phone and texting Katsuki.

Boom Boom Boy

Shouldn't you be asleep? We have classes tomorrow.

-- TODAY --

My Number 2

Yo Katsuki!

Boom Boom Boy

Do you need anything while I'm out?

My Number 2

what?
No, not really, I just wanted to say I'll be going to that bookstore that just opened, I was wondering if you wanna come with?

Boom Boom Boy

I'm going somewhere rn with some extras. Do you want anything? Food?

My Number 2

oh. no thanks.
Have fun!

Boom Boom Boy

*seen*

Kenji sighed to himself, fidgeting with the grenade keychain on his phone before shoving the gadget into his pockets and kicking the door open to see Izuku just about to leave their classroom with a pained expression. "It was Katsuki... the scorch mark on Izuku's uniform suggests so..." Kenji thought before running to the mumbling boy about something along the lines of bullying and stupid. "Sounds like Katsuki said something to you huh." Kenji stated from behind, making the smaller male yelp out in shock. "K-k-kenchan! When did you get here?" "Just now, I was just about to look for you, wanna hang out with me?" Kenji asks and Izuku started stammering and flailing his arms around.

"Sorry, I have something to do today," Izuku said, bowing to Kenji before leaving. "Looks like I'm on my own again..." Kenji said before plugging in his earphones and starting listening to his playlist.

Kenji hummed to the tune of Surface Pressure by Jessica Darrow while he weaved his way through the crowd and reached the bookstore

Kenji hummed to the tune of Surface Pressure by Jessica Darrow while he weaved his way through the crowd and reached the bookstore. "Ah, Murata! Good to see you!" Natsume Hanabi, the owner of the store, greets the teen the moment the door chime rang. "Good afternoon Natsume! Any good recommendations?" Kenji asks, scanning the school supplies and novels and manga scattered around.