6 | New Beginnings

4 months of preparation were left; 4 months before the U.A. entrance exams begin, nervousness wasn't the right word that Kenji felt when he destroyed another clone of his father. "What got you pent up today?" Kyoujurou asked his son, noticing how stiff Kenji's stance was with that earlier strike. "I don't know dad, ever since that villain attack I can't shake off Katsuki's face when he saw me... the fear in his eyes..." Kenji started rambling, not noticing his quirk slowly taking over him. "Kenji. Calm down. What's past is past okay? You saved him and that's what's important; he's safe, that's what's important." Kyoujurou said, ruffling Kenji's hair, calming the teenager down noticeably.

"But-" "No buts mister, U.A. entrance exams are brutal, your auntie and I barely passed in all honesty." Kyoujurou joked, winking at his son who just cringed at the poor attempt of a lie, "Dad, you and I both know that you two aced the practical exam." Kenji retorted, flicking his old man's forehead. "At least you're feeling better Kenji, now come on let's go over your combos again," Kyoujurou said summoning another clone.

Kyoujurou Murata, a pro hero who chose to train the next generation of heroes and be their guidance counselor at U.A. Kyoujurou's quirk is really simple, he creates illusions that are realistic enough that it can physically affect his opponents. Compared to Kyoujurou, Kenji's aunt is much more experienced and has perfected this quirk and was deemed as "The Domineer of the Battlefield."

Kenji panted as the last wave of clones disintegrated away, he could feel how light-headed he was, blood slowly dripping out of his nose, his right arm completely covered with a jet-black coating. "You've really improved! Your quirk control is getting better and your offensive capability is improving! I'm so proud of you!" Kyoujurou cheered, hugging his tired son to near death. "Kyou! Let him rest!" Makoto yelled from the kitchen windows, "Kenji! I have some cupcakes for you!" Makoto added, making his son push his father to the ground and run back inside. "He never changes does he?" Kyoujurou thought, following his son inside.

Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing! Kenji would die for these cupcakes if he was desperate enough. "Kenji, your phone has been vibrating over there, you should check who it is." Makoto pointed at Kenji's phone on the counter. Kenji nodded, grabbing his phone and unlocking it. 23 missed calls from Boom Boom Boy, 5 new messages from KiriKiri, 2 new messages from 💚Mini Might💚. "My that's a lot of calls from Katsuki..." Makoto commented, peering over Kenji's shoulder.

"What does he want now?" Kenji said, dialing the number, "Finally you answered!!" Katsuki yelled through the phone, startling Kenji enough to almost drop his phone. "Well sorry if my old man has been busy training me to death. What do you want Suki?" Kenji replied, taking a bite out of the cupcake. "I was gonna ask if you wanna train with me, but seems like you got yourself covered." Katsuki replied making Kenji choke on his cupcake, "Sorry! I never thought you would ask me that, considering that we have different styles and approaches." "Tsk. I wanted to use you as a glorified fucking sandbag." Katsuki responded making Kenji chuckle. "We both know that's a lie, but sure I'll take you up on that offer, I'm booked for this week though, I'm meeting up with some friends," Kenji replied, making Katsuki tsk in response. "Alright then, you better not get yourself into trouble," Katsuki said, ending the call.

After that exchange, Kenji opens his messenger app and tapped Kirishima's profile.

KiriKiri

Yo Murata! Are you up to hang out today? I asked another friend of mine to join us! You two will definitely like each other's company!

Kenji Murata

Sure! Lemme just finish cooling down and change clothes, I'll meet you at the bookstore where we first met? Or the cafe right beside it?

KiriKiri

The Promises We Made || Boku no Hero AcademiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara