15 | To Forgive is to Forget

The students were given a day off after the villain attack, just to reorganize and recover from the event while the heroes all gather their thoughts with the police.

Unfortunately, Kenji was asked to be present in the meeting due to Goro Murata's involvement and the heroes and police wishes to hear his statement regarding the villain.

"Putting Shigaraki aside, Goro Murata, villain name Sinner, was present during the attack and doesn't seem to have the same agenda as Shigaraki and the other villains present." Naomasa Tsukauchi, a detective, stated glancing over to Kenji--who stood behind his father. "He was after my son. For reasons unknown, he riled up Kenji's quirk." Kyoujurou replied, looking over to Kenji, who only avoided his gaze.

"Kenji, may I ask what he wanted from you?" Tsukauchi asked, making the teenager sigh, recalling how painful and torturous it was as he involuntarily scratches his arm. "He said he wants me to break free from my limits; to break free from the limits my father and aunt instilled in me." Kenji stated and Tsukauchi jot it down. "If I ask, what did Goro mean by limits instilled?" This time it was Nezu who asked. "I'm not sure...maybe the fear that holds me back whenever I use my quirk, or maybe its the years of using quirk limiters to limit my quirk." Kenji replied, his mind blank when he tries to recall what Goro meant with his 'instilled limits'.

Nezu opened his mouth, wanting to ask a follow up question, only to be interrupted by Kenji. "I...won't get expelled for what happened right?" Kenji asked, looking at each of the faculty members. "Why ask that Kenji?" Midnight replied, looking at the teen with a raised brow. "Do you think that it was your fault, Young Murata?" All Might, who was in his weakened form, asked. "I mean...I kinda lashed out, causing a lot of damages in the USJ, potentially might've caused any emotional distress..." Kenji replied, softly chuckling as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "Nonsense my boy! UA still welcomes you with open arms, here we will teach you how to master your quirk! It's not your fault Kenji!" Nezu exclaimed and the faculty agreed.

Kenji pressed his lips into a thin line, a sigh of relief as his lips curved into a small smile. "Thank you." Kenji replied. "If there's nothing else, I'll see myself out." Kenji bowed to the teachers, leaving the meeting room, taking a huge breath of relief once outside.

U.A. was pretty peaceful for once, granted there weren't any students at all just for this one day, but still, Kenji thought it was nice to stroll around campus while it was peaceful. His eyes wandered around, his mind clearer than ever while he hummed a song to himself, smiling to himself as he remembered the date he and Katsuki planned for next next week. "This feels nice." Kenji murmured to himself, sitting down on a bench.

"Got room for one more?"

Kenji looked up, his face cringing at the sight of his dad, a bag of cookies in his hands. His mom probably baked them knowing Kenji can't refuse his mom's signature baked cookies.

"Sure, give me a cookie though." Kenji replied, moving over to the side a bit. Kyoujurou's face lit up, sitting beside his son after handing Kenji a cookie. "I can't help but notice something's different with you today." Kyoujurou commented "What makes you say that?" Kenji asked, munching on the soft and chewy cookie. "I don't know, call it a 'father's intuition' if you know what I mean." Kyoujurou replied, shrugging before tossing a cookie in his mouth, "If you're hoping for things to change between us, I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen overnight dad." Kenji muttered, side-eyeing his dad, who only sheepishly looked away.

"I know. But I'm talking about you in general, it looks like a heavy burden was lifted from your shoulders. I gotta hand it to Katsuki, that boy really knows how to help you..." Kyoujurou said. "Don't thank Katsuki, from my perspective, it was Goro that unironically helped me." Kenji admitted, scratching the back of his neck, avoiding his dad's gaze.