7 | START!

4 months passed by seemingly in an instant and Kenji was nervous, sure he had Kirishima and Mina telling him that he'll do amazing and that they'll meet up after the exams, Katsuki forcing Kenji to stop being so pessimistic, and his parents suppor...

4 months passed by seemingly in an instant and Kenji was nervous, sure he had Kirishima and Mina telling him that he'll do amazing and that they'll meet up after the exams, Katsuki forcing Kenji to stop being so pessimistic, and his parents supporting him from both the viewing area and at home. He was nervous to let everyone that believed in him down, but thankfully the written exam was a breeze—he needed that boost in confidence after all. But the practical exam is coming up and it's tomorrow.

"Dude just calm down! You got this!" "Yeah! We're all gonna do great!!" Kirishima and Mina cheered on respectively from their discord call while Kenji trained in his backyard. "But what if I mess up! What if I overdo it and pass out mid-exam!! What if I'm too weak to even defeat a 1-pointer!!" Kenji rambled on making Kirishima pull his friend back to Earth. Kenji's dad already told them the mechanics of the practical exams earlier that week, he even threw in some of his personal experiences when he was their age.

"I swear to god Kenji, you have to eventually let go of that unnecessary anxiety..." Mina said, her voice ever so sweet yet so commanding, she does have that aura around her; it's not that Kenji dislikes it nor does he find it overbearing, it's just that he's not used to his friends to be openly caring and concerned—well to be fair it's not like Kenji had that many friends to begin with. "YEAH! You're ultra-powerful and manly! You'll sweep through the practicals like it's nothin'!" And then there was Kirishima, always so loud but it was always a welcomed kind of loud; not the incoherent and mad kind of loud that Katsuki screamed out, it was an uplifting kind of loud.

Kenji liked that in Kirishima if he was honest.

"Well, let's just see y'know. The practicals are tomorrow and right now let's just get ready. I'll see you all tomorrow." "Good luck to you guys!" "We got this!!" Kenji, Mina, and Kirishima said respectively before ending the call, leaving Kenji in a suffocating silence, something that he wasn't used to ever since he met the duo considering that silent moments such as these are rare now.

A knock on the door filled the void, perking Kenji's ears and making him open the door. "Hey, you haven't left your damn room, auntie is getting worried." It was Katsuki. "Mom must've called for him when I haven't left since 10 AM." Kenji thought as he laughs sheepishly. "I was in a call... So I kinda didn't notice the time." Kenji admitted, earning a smack from Katsuki. Katsuki stared at Kenji and dragged the brunette down the stairs, earning confused noises from the latter. "Oh, Katsuki! Thanks for dragging him out of his room. Kenji, what were you doing up there anyway?" Makoto asked, placing bows of rice on the table for the two to eat, along with some curry and soup to go along with it.

"I was in a call with my friends." Kenji said, sitting down next to Katsuki, "Tsk, who are they anyway and why are they taking away our time?" Katsuki asked as jealousy and frustration intoxicated his tone. "Why are you asking? You jealous Suki?" Kenji teased, wiggling his eyebrows. Katsuki yelled profanities as he started to punch Kenji's shoulder. "Oh yeah, are we gonna walk to UA together tomorrow?" Katsuki asked after Kenji patted his blonde hair to calm the firecracker down.