9 | Laughter

Multiple faculty staff stood inside the observation room, deliberating points and analyzing each applicant; "In the first place. we have two students that stood out from the others, both aced the written exam but practical exam scores spoke a different story. Katsuki Bakugou with 77 villain points and no rescue points, the one-pointers and two-pointers were just itching to capture him. And in the second half, while others were losing steam, he was still going at it. Kenji Murata, with 40 villain points and 50 rescue points ultimately scored the highest, he not only prioritized rescue over his points, but he's also one of the two applicants that obliterated the gimmick." One of them noted.

"There was another kid, in the other end of the spectrum, with zero villain points but 60 rescue points. Yes, we saw a handful of people stand against the gimmick but, like Murata, it has been quite a while since we've seen it be destroyed." Another quickly added.

Kyoujurou Murata stood beside Aizawa Shota with a proud face, cheering for his son inside his head. "Isn't that kid your son?" Aizawa asked and Kyoujurou nodded, his head going up and down at a fast pace. "Oh my Kenji, look at you, all grown up." Kyoujurou cried, making Aizawa cringe at this fatherly love.

A swift jab barely grazed Kenji's cheek making the boy's breath hitch out of shock and snapping him out of his thoughts, the boy looked at where the punch came from and furrowed his eyebrows at the suspect, Katsuki Bakugou, who was equally pissed ...

A swift jab barely grazed Kenji's cheek making the boy's breath hitch out of shock and snapping him out of his thoughts, the boy looked at where the punch came from and furrowed his eyebrows at the suspect, Katsuki Bakugou, who was equally pissed as Kenji. "What was that for?!" Kenji exclaimed, throwing a slipper at the blonde. "You were lost in your thoughts, who the hell knows what you're thinking," Katsuki replied, dodging the slipper effortlessly,  and proceeded to start hitting the top of Kenji's head lightly. "I'm just nervous okay! What if I failed?!" Kenji protested only to be hit on the head once more, "Stop that!" Kenji yelled but Katsuki didn't stop. "Please?" Kenji pleaded, protecting the top of his head while shrinking away from Katsuki; he playfully feared for his life.

"I told you, you're not gonna goddamn fail okay. You nearly topped my score in the practicals, and there's no way you'd fail the written with that overthinking head of yours." Katsuki replied, sipping a bit of hot chocolate from Kenji's mug, "HEY!" Kenji exclaimed and raised his hand to hit Katsuki, but he didn't have the soul to do it. "Heh, can't hurt me can't ya?" Katsuki teased, poking his tongue out, and proceeded to tease Kenji even more, "I hate you sometimes." Kenji pouts, standing up and leaving Katsuki's room, with his hot chocolate in hand.

Mitsuki turns around when the soft sounds of footsteps slowly grew from behind, "Oya? You look like you're ready to end someone's life." She said, giggling at Kenji who was annoyed beyond comprehension. "I was punched, hit on the head, and had my hot cocoa be contaminated by that gremlin. Of course, I'd be annoyed." Kenji replied back, sighing out all that pent-up frustration. "Oh right, your letter arrived," Mitsuki said calmly stated, making Kenji spit his hot chocolate. "WHERE?!" He demanded and Mitsuki handed his letter to him.

After thanking and apologizing to Mitsuki and cleaning up the mess he made, he ran upstairs and into Katsuki's room and threw himself on top of Katsuki's soft bed. "It's here! I'm so hyped!" Kenji squealed as he opens the letter with his quirk, but what came out puzzled him. "A... disk?" He questioned as he fidgeted with it, the disk promptly lit up, displaying a bright projection.

"I am here! As a projection!" All Might announced via projection, which startled Kenji almost throwing the poor device out of the room. "I'm currently in town for reasons that you should not be worried about! Now Kenji Murata, my my what a prodigy you are, by comparison to the other participants you are by far the best among the rest garnering 40 villain points. By all means that's a barely passing grade. HOWEVER! UA is not a hero school IF we are to ignore the many instances you've saved other participants! You've also been awarded 50 hero points, for a grand total of 90 points! Kenji Murata, I am happy to say that this is your hero academia!"

And with that, silence, then squealing, and then silence. "I passed? I PASSED! HOLY MOTHER OF HIMBOS I PASSED!" Kenji cheered, ignoring the fact that he's not alone in the residence. "MOTHER OF WHAT?!" Katsuki barged in with chips on hand, eyes widened with how his friend cheered. "I PASSED WITH 90 POINTS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT KATSUKI OH MY GOSH I DONT KNOW WHY WAS I SCARED TO BEGIN WITH!" Kenji rambled on.

Katsuki only witnessed his best friend just filled with so much joy, Kenji's wide smile and shining eyes were almost contagious. It didn't take too long for Katsuki to start laughing with Kenji, albeit it sounded sandpaper to Kenji's ears.

Katsuki wiped a lone tear from the corner of his eye, slowly stopping his laughter before realizing the small shiny stars that littered his room's ceiling and walls, twinkling and shining independently, but seemed to be corresponding to Kenji's laughter. Kenji stopped laughing when he realized Katsuki stopped laughing, "What's wrong?" Kenji asked, the stars slowly disappeared. "Nothing, you're laughing is just contagious..." Katsuki huffed, earning a soft chuckle from the brunette.

"Awww thanks."