Chapter 5

Christian POV

Pulling into the warehouse parking lot I placed my head on the steering wheel. I didn’t want to stay away from Kimberly, but I had to. With two attacks less than a few weeks apart it wasn’t safe for her to be with me or around me, especially since Thomas seen her. Running my hand through my hair I got out my car and walked to the warehouse.

“Yo Chris!” yelled Nate as he jogged up to me.

“How are things going here?” I asked as I grabbed a clipboard and started walking, with Nate falling in step with me.

“Great, everything is on schedule for delivery, and the packages are all ready for shipping.”

“What about the money?” I asked scanning through the papers.

“Marco said that he couldn’t have that amount until tomorrow morning, but Reed said that he can have it within an hour.”

“Alright, tell Marco that I better have every penny to the dollar first thing tomorrow or he’ll regret it.”

“We need to have that shipment out by tonight we can’t wait till tomorrow. So why don’t we just have Reed do it?”

Flipping the paper on the clip board I said, “Then let the shipment be late, I want Marco to do it.”

“But Chris, Reed…”

I looked up from the clip board as I looked at Nate, “I don’t trust Reed with making the counterfeit money that I need, especially not with this client. I’ve worked with Marco for years so I know how he works, and how good his product is. So make the call that the package will be a day late, alright.”

Nate looks at me and nods his head as I hand him the clipboard, “Perfect, now where is Marshall?”

“He’s upstairs in your office.” Said Nate.

“Okay, don’t forget to make sure the Ferrari’s are out by 3pm and no later.” I said as I started to the elevator.

“You got it Chris!” said Nate as I got on the elevator and the door closed.

Stepping off the elevator I walked to my office, “Hello Mr. Knox.” Said my receptionist as I walked in. “Good morning Sarah.” I said smiling as I walked into my office.

“C.K!” rang in my ears as I was pulled into a hug.

“Okay Marshall let go!” I laughed.

Marshall looked at me smiling, “I haven’t seen you in 3 years bro, just needed to get reacquainted.”

“So you thought squeezing me to death would be the best way to get reacquainted?”

“Yeah pretty much mate.”

“I would have settled for drinks down at the pub if that was the case.” I smiled as I handed Marshall a cigar.

Taking the cigar Marshall smiled, “I didn’t know you smoke C.K.” 

“I don’t, I order them for you, since I knew you were coming down.” I said sitting at my desk as I turned on my computer.

I could tell Marshall was staring at me when I asked, “Why are you staring at me like a lost puppy?”

“Sorry it’s just I can’t believe my 22 year old little brother owns his own business, dad would be proud that he left the company in good hands.”

“Dad wouldn’t be proud unless he knew he had some kind of money floating his way.”

Lighting his cigar Marshall smiled and sat across from me, “Yeah your right, the old man was always determined to have his cut, in whatever we were doing. With how successfully your business is doing here I might just move closer to have a job.”

Looking up from my computer I sat back and said, “Well that’s actually why I called you here in the first place.”

Standing up I walked to my filing cabinet, “I have been thinking, since you know the business just as well as I do, what would you say if I asked you to come and manage the business for a while.” 

Marshall looked at me, “You’ve been running this since company since 16 and now you want to give it up?”

“No I’m not giving it up completely, I’m just stepping away to take a breather for a minute.”

“Is it because of everything that’s happen with Thomas and his boys?”

Grabbing a file I walked back to my desk, “I’m not worried about Thomas and his boys, with all the shit that happened last night, I doubt they would try to cheat me out of a deal again, I just…” I paused

Marshall looked at me, “It’s that girl isn’t it?” looking up I started to ask what he was talking about when he took a puff of his cigar and said, “Nate told me about her, wasn’t she with you when everything happened last night?”

I leaned back in my seat as I looked up at the ceiling, “I don’t want her getting hurt, I care too much about her.”

Marshall looked at me leaning on my desk as he said, “Whatever you need mate I’ll be glad to help.”

“Thanks mate.” I said as I extended my hand to shake his, “Come on let me show you around.”

It has been about 2 weeks since I saw Kimberly. Just to make sure she was okay I had drove by her house once, and parked on the other side of the parking lot outside her job as she got off work. I missed Kimberly but I didn’t know, with how we ended things when I dropped her off, if she would still want to talk to me. I settled in my brother with the schedule of how my shipment plans worked, my client list, and how high my expectation of my business was. I’ve been smuggling, selling expensive cars, and hacking different databases to obtain different informations that i needed, since I was 16 and this has been the first time that a girl has made me want to give it all up, just to be with her.

Walking in my house I kicked off my shoes and placed my keys in the bowl on the table as I went to my room. Taking my shirt off I stepped in the shower, letting the warm water run over me.  About 15 minutes went by as I got out, wrapping a towel around my waist as I walked to the living and grabbed my phone.

Looking up at the closet I saw Kimberly’s jacket still hanging there. I went to the fridge and grabbed a beer as I stepped back to the living and looked at jacket. I sat my beer down and went to my room as I grabbed my jeans and a long sleeve shirt and put on my shoes. Grabbing the jacket and my keys, I walked out the house as I climbed in my Audi and drove off. I pulled into the driveway and got out the car.

Walking up the door I took a deep breath as I knocked on the door. There was a pause as I heard the latch on the door being unlocked, pulling the door open there stood Kimberly. Her long brown hair fell in big curls down her back in a messy ponytail, she stood there wearing a tank top and shorts, hazel brown eyes glistening from the porch light. Looking at her I smiled as I said, “Hey Kimberly.”

{55 read and 10 votes! thank you soo much to those who are following this story! it means the world to me <3 }