Chapter 6

Kimberly's POV

I had been cleaning up my room when I saw headlights pull into the driveway. Glancing at the clock as it read ten past midnight I thought to myself that it couldn’t be my mom she just left not even an hour ago to go work. Assuming it was the next door neighbors I continued to hang up my clothes that I just washed when there was a knock on the door. “Who the hell makes house calls after midnight?” I asked myself as I walked downstairs to the door and unlocked it. I opened my door surprised to see Christian standing there.

His wet disheveled dark curls clung to the sides of his face, white thermal tee gripping around his chest that looked like it was too tight for comfort for him, but to me it fit perfectly on him because it outlined every inch of his muscles, while his dark jeans hung slightly low around his waist. I looked up to his ice blue eyes as he smiled, “Hey Kimberly.”

Those two simple words were just what I needed to knock out any feelings I had of how much I missed him in the weeks we didn’t talk.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

He looked at me and raised his hand that held my jacket, “I saw this at my house and thought you might need it.”

He held out his hand as I took the jacket, “Thank you.” I said.

I looked down and back up to him as I asked, “Would you like to come in? It seems like it’s cold.”

Christian smiled and said, “Yeah it’s cold especially since I just got out the shower.”

I stepped back allowing him to walk in, “Yeah I can tell, your hair is still dripping.” He smirked as I closed the door.

Looking around the living room Christian says, “Look I’m sorry, I should’ve called before I just popped by, you must have been busy?”

“No not really, I was just putting up my clothes that had just washed.” I walked to the stairs, “You’re welcome to join me, unless you want to stay down here until I’m done.”

Christian smiled as he walked behind me on the stairs, “Stop doing that.” I said as I got to the top of my stairs.

“Stop doing what?” smirked Christian.

“That little perverted smile you tend to get every now and then.” Waking in my room Christian said, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

He laughed as I grabbed the few pieces of clothing off my desk chair as he takes the chair and sits backwards in it.

“Why must all guys sit like that?” I asked walking into my closet.

“It gives our boys a little more room to breathe with.”

“That doesn’t make sense.” I said as I walked to my bed and grabbed the last of my shirts to put in my dresser.

“Well of course it doesn’t make sense. You don’t have a penis.”

I turned and glanced at Christian, “Thanks for pointing that out, for a second I thought it was just imaginary.”

Christian laughed and said, “Your joking right?”

Throwing my pillow at him I laughed, “Of course I am you idiot!” grabbing my phone I folded my legs as I sat on my bed.

Christian stared at me for a moment then looked at his phone. “So are you going to tell me why the sudden pop up?” I asked as I looked up at him.

Christian met my eyes and said, “What? You don’t want me here?”

I shook my head, “I didn’t say that, it’s just… We didn’t quite end everything on a good note when you dropped me off.”

He looked down, “Yeah, look I’m sorry about that.”