Chapter 10

Kimberly's POV

“Pink or Red?” asked my mom as she held up the two colors for me to see at her booth where she sat. “Purple defiantly!” I smiled looking back down at the Teen Vogue magazine I was scanning through. “Kim purple wasn’t a choice.”

“I know but purple just fits you better.”

My mom smiled as she fanned for me to sit in the empty chair next to her. I stood as I walked and sat in the raggedy worn out black chair as I spun around smiling. Nail shop runs with my mom were entertaining. I always acted like that 8 year old who their mother had to force them to go, then had to literally pull their teeth just to get them out the car. I never cared for nail shops, to me if I can do it in my own room, I was perfectly fine, but lately I knew these nail runs were the only times me and mom had to talk about everything going on in our life so I wasn’t much of an hassle today.

“So tell me about this Christian fella. What is he like?”

“Mom.” I groaned, “I’m not having boy talk with you in the local nail shop.”

“Why not?” asked my mom.

“Because the last time we did, Mrs. Ogre went home and told her son that I thought he was cute.”

“So.”

I looked at her, “So? So he went to school and told everyone I wanted to give him a blow pop.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“I was 12.”

“And again I say so?”

I shook my head laughing. No matter how many times I had explained to her that ‘Blow Pop’s’ weren’t a good thing she just never seemed to let it register in her brain. “Forget it mom.” I said laughing.

“Oh come on honey just tell me something.”

Taking a breath I folded my legs in the sit and turn towards her.  “Okay 5 questions and don’t get crazy.”

My mom smiled, “How old is he?”

“22.”

“Does he have a job?”

“Yes.”

“Does he have kids?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Does he live with his parent?”

“He has his own place.”

“Are you being safe?”

“Mom!” I yelled playfully hitting her in the arm.

“What? A mother has the right to know if her daughter is using protection or not.”

“Mom we aren’t having sex.”

My mom looked at me, “But if you were, you’ll be safe right?”

I let out a breath, “Of course mom.”

My mom smiled as she looked back at her nails and said, “Well at least you’re happy. Isn’t this the first guy you’ve dated since James?” At that moment my stomach twisted into to knots as my heart began racing. My mom looked over to me and grabbed my hand, “Honey are you okay?” letting my breathing get back in order I forced a smile and nodded, my mom looked at me worried as she says, “I’m sorry I forgot you don’t want me to mention his name again.”

I took a breath, “It’s alright mom, look I’m going to take off I have work in 20. Tell Tammy I’m sorry I couldn’t stay to say hi to her, maybe next time?” My mom nodded as I kissed her cheek and grabbed my keys and walked out the salon. I thought that I was finally over the looking over my shoulder, freaking out stage, whenever I heard someone speak of James.

Climbing in my car I looked at the dash board at a torn picture of me smiling. Running my hand of the ripped edge side I sat back in my seat and closed my eyes,

Flashback

“James!” I yelled laughing as he held me spinning in circles.

“I’m going to be sick stop!” we stopped spinning as I stood waiting for the ground to stop moving. Failing horribly I grabbed James arm as he fell along with me in the sand laughing.

“You’re such a klutz.” Laughs James.

“No I’m not.” “Yes you are, but I like it on you.”

“You like me being a falling mess?”

“I love that you’re a falling mess.” I looked at him and smiled. His brown hair blew softly in the wind, Green eyes softly radiating with a faint glow. James slowly lowered his head down and brushed his lips against mine. Kissing me as I kissed back I closed my eyes as he moved his hand down to my shirt pulling it up, “No.” I said softly.

James continued to pull at my shirt, “I said no.” I said pulling away from kissing James. Forcing his lips back on top of mine he began yanking my shirt up. I started to push him, “James no!” it was like he wasn’t listening to what I was saying, the more I said no the rougher he got. As soon as he got my shirt above my bellybutton I shoved him off of me yelling, “I said no!” Jumping up in my face he smacked me hard yelling, “You’re such an ungrateful bitch!” I looked up at him as tears began rolling down my face as he stared at me.

End of Flashback

With my hand pressed against my cheek I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing. Quickly wiping my face from the freshly new tears that were streaming down my cheek, I began digging in my purse looking for my phone. Pulling it out I looked at the caller id that read Christian, unlocking my phone I placed it to my ear, “Hello?” I chocked.

“Hey.” There was a pause as Christian says, “Are you okay?”

I sniffed as I quickly cleared my throat, “Yeah I’m fine. Where are you?”

There was another pause as Christian says, “I’m in New York.”

“New York? What are you doing in New York?”

“Just handling business, I called to see how you are?”

I let out a laughed, “Bull your calling to make sure your cars are still in your garage.”

“No not entirely.” I could basically hear the smirk in Christian voice.

“Your babies are just fine, I drove past yesterday.”

There was a sigh of relief as Christian says, “Thank you.”

“No problem.”

“But really, I’m calling to see how you are.”

I smiled, “I’m fine.”

“Really?”

I sighed, “No, not really.”

“What’s the matter?” I took a deep breath, “It’s just that… you’ve been gone for nearly 2 weeks and I just miss staring at your big blue eyes.”

Christian gave a snort, “Hahaha very funny, but I’m serious.”

I smiled, “Seriously I’m fine, when are you coming back?”

There was a pause the wind blew against the speaker as Christian says, “I’m catching a plane early Sunday so I’ll should get there at like 8pm. Do you work that day?”

“Yep I close.”

“Okay then I’ll swing by after I shower and change.”

“Sounds good.” Looking at the clock I smiled, “Alright I have to be at work in 10 so I’ll call you when I get off, that’s if I don’t fall asleep.”

“Alright, have a decent day today.”

“You too, bye Christian.”

“Bye Kimmy.”

The phones clicked as I placed my phone back in my purse. Looking in the review mirror I fixed my mascara as I started up my car and drove off to work.