Chapter 13

"Christian! Christian!" I yelled swinging my arms back in forth. Strong arms grabbed onto me as I heard Christian's voice say, "Kimmy open your eyes, I'm here. Kimmy I'm here." Hearing Christian's voice made me feel safe protected. Opening my eyes I took in Christian's figure, his hair was messy; eye's dark from not sleeping, but his smile... Christian looked down at me with that smile that said, "It's alright, everything's going to be alright." A tear escaped my eye and ran down my cheek as I grabbed Christian's shirt pulling him to me. Wrapping my arms around his neck I pulled him to me as I cried into his shoulder.

"It's okay, I'm here." Christian kept whispering softly in my ear.

Holding on for dear life, I didn't want to let go, not until Christian cough and says in a strained voice, "Kim. You're. I. Can't. Breathe."

Pulling back I looked at him and says, "I'm sorry."

Christian shakes his hand, "Don't worry about it." taking my hand he says, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, than shook my head as the door opens.

"What is with all the..." my mom stops as she looks at me, "Sweetheart?" Running to me Christian steps back as she pulls me to her, squeezing me tightly as tears fall down from her eye. "I thought, I thought I lost you sweetheart."

I forced a smile upon my face as I say, "I'm fine."

"Fine? Honey you had a lot of blood lost from having your head hit on a very hard surface and you've been out like a light all night."

Closing my eyes I leaned my head back onto the pillow as she asks, "Honey what happened?"

Flashes of my run in with James began flashing in my head as I pushed them back. Telling mom James was back would only freak her out and cause her to be overprotective again and I didn't want to worry her.

"Some guy tried to mug me and I put up a fight. Luckily Christian showed when he did."

Mom looked up at Christian and smiled, "Yes and I thank you so much for that." she shakes her head, "I couldn't bare knowing the fact that my daughter being taken from me."

Christian gave a sympathy smile as he says, "Don't worry about it Mrs. Clark, I'm just glad I got there in time to run off the mugger."

Mom's hospital phone rang as she says, "The police are here to get a report."

"Mom..." I started.

"Honey I know how you feel about policeman, but it's their job." the door opens and in walks two officers as my mom says, "I'm going to see if the doctor needs to run anymore test, so I can get you home." Kissing me on the cheek mom turns to walk out the room.

"Hello Ms. Clark," says the officer, "My name is Officer Marsh, and this is my partner Officer Rush. We would like to ask you a few questions," the look up at Christian, "Alone, if you don't mind."

"I'll just go get some coffee." Says Christian with slight irritation in his voice, as he grabs my hand to give it a quick squeeze.

But as he went to pull away I grip his hand into mine, more tightly as I say, "No I want him to stay."

Christian looks down at me, shook seeming to cross his face as the officer exchanges look.

"As you wish Ms. Clark." Says Officer Rush.

----------------

Going into their routine questions, I fed them a bullshit story about a mugging and that I didn't see my attacker. Christian looked at me as he sat in the chair next to my bed, obviously seeing in my face that I was lying, but he didn't speak up to say otherwise.