76 - None of My Business

On the 10th of March, Ji Fanyin headed into the film set to check on their progress. Before heading out, she sent a message asking them if there was anything they would like to eat.

When she finally arrived at the World Studios, she encountered a wild Cen Xiangyang.

"Did you say something to her?" Cen Xiangyang got straight to the point and questioned her. "Why did she suddenly break off communication with me?"

Since she was waiting for the members of the film set to come over and carry the take out boxes anyway, Ji Fanyin decided to humor Cen Xiangyang. She leaned against her new Ferrari and replied, "Are you that worried about letting others know about what you did?"

"So you were the one behind it!" Cen Xiangyang narrowed his eyes sharply. "You must have played a part in her sudden engagement with Li Xiaoxing."

"You could always attend the engagement ceremony and ask Ji Xinxin in person." Ji Fanyin pulled up her sunglasses and rested it on her head. "Ah... I nearly forgot. Did you receive an invitation letter?" 

When it came to engagement ceremonies, the groom and the bride would usually send out their invitation letters separately since both parties usually had their own social circles.

What was particularly fascinating about this was that the invitation letter Ji Fanyin received came not from Ji Xinxin but Li Xioxing.

I wonder who Ji Xinxin would send her invitation letters to.

Given Li Xioxing's temper, he would have probably sent an invitation letter to all of the love rivals he knew of. He didn't mind the extra postage fee, as long as he could infuriate his love rivals.

It's not as if he lacks money anyway.

"Of course I'll be there." Cen Xiangyang eyed Ji Fanyin intently. "I won't give up that easily. It's nothing but an engagement. Even if she really got married, she can always get a divorce afterward."

"You intend to play the third party?" asked Ji Fanyin curiously.

Cen Xiangyang did have the influence to pull that off, but that was only possible if Li Xiaoxing left Ji Xinxin on loose reins, which was extremely unlikely to occur... if the two of them even got to that step at all.

"Did you think that I would hand you another blackmail material to use against me?" Cen Xiangyang shook his head. "Ji Fanyin, you're much viller than I thought you were."

Ji Fanyin thought that there was something really wrong with his head. He was one of the few people in the world who didn't have the right to claim someone else was evil. There was actually a point in time when Ji Fanyin considered him a potential candidate to be Ji Xinxin's husband.

"Shall I forward you the proposal you sent me, to jog your memory?" asked Ji Fanyin.

Cen Xiangyang's complexion turned awful for a brief moment, but he soon burst into laughter and said, "Did you think that I'll keep falling for the same trick?"

"What's important is that it works." Looking at Cen Xiangyang, Ji Fanyin altered her voice to sound pure innocent, as if she was an angel unsullied by the material world. "Isn't it that so?"

Cen Xiangyang's smile vanished. He started at Ji Fanyin's face in a daze and reached for her, "Xinxin..."

Ji Fanyin only maintained her work persona for a brief instant before sidestepping to dodge Cen Xiangyang's hand. "Well... it could just be my imagination... but are you thinking of engaging my services if Ji Xinxin really gets married?"

Cen Xiangyang looked at her without the slightest trace of embarrassment. "Isn't that what you do for a living?"

"I needed money back then, but my pockets aren't as tight now," replied Ji Fanyin. "The market conditions have changed. My rates have risen from 100,000 dollars to 1,000,000 dollars per hour. Director Cen can you afford that?"