𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝑮𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑴𝑰𝑺𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑮

𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎, Charlie put her long brown hair behind her ear and finished putting her second earring on

𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎, Charlie put her long brown hair behind her ear and finished putting her second earring on. The jewels were a gift from her father and as usual, he couldn't help but add his personal touch: a small light blue diamond in their center, where he had engraved "I love you 3000". Straightening, her hands now went to her hair, giving it the volume it deserved and she then added some finishing touches to her makeup when a man's arms circled her waist from behind. She started at first, but Steve buried his face in her neck, inhaling her perfume and kissing her tanned skin with light kisses.

"Hi," she moaned, her eyes closed and a smile across her face.

"Hi," he lowly greeted her, his hands now heading south, gripping the hem of her short black dress.

She and Steve had heard about the other their whole life, but their first real encounter was at those boring events where rich people gather, four years ago. She was young and kind of in need of some fun, to be honest. She went to the bar, asked for three shots of vodka in a row. She drank the first one, and from the corner of her eye she could see that handsome man sitting right next to her, gawking at her. She gave one small glass to him, raising the only one left to cheer with him and she was greeted by the most beautiful smile she had ever seen. They drank, chatted, laughed together all night and had never been apart since.

So, what about two inheritors of the two most profitable companies of New York dating? Well, the news didn't go unnoticed, and since they made things official between them, all eyes were looking directly at them, envious, expecting, gossiping. On paper, they were the perfect couple.

"Come on," Charlie finally turned, now facing her boyfriend. "We're going to be late for the twins' birthday."

"This is the last thing I want to do tonight. Go there, to talk to them. I'm thinking of many," Steve now kissed her shoulder. "many things I want to do to you right now instead."

"We'll leave after the dessert, I promise," she said, earning a growl from him.

"Before," he ordered, squeezing her ass. "You're gonna be my dessert, just as sweet as I like them."

***

After they gave their car keys to the valet, they both climbed the steps that led to the huge Maximoff's mansion outside of the city, almost not impressed by the size and the decadence of it. They shook hands, kissed cheeks, made small talk to people for what seemed eternity, and Charlie already felt she needed a drink. Well, she needed something stronger than that champagne flute.

"Baby," Steve whispered in her ear shortly after they sat for dinner. "I just had a call from work. I need to go."

"Oh, okay," Charlie frowned. They usually barely talked about work during their time together. Not that there was nothing to say, but rather because Steve didn't want to, fainting exhaustion every time Charlie broached the subject. She knew better than to push him on that matter so she let go this time. Again. "I guess I'll call Happy to come get me."