𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵: 𝑬𝑴𝑶𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵𝑨𝑳 𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑳𝑬𝑹𝑪𝑶𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑹

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆...

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒖𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔.

"Hey," James said, leaning his shoulder on the doorframe. "I was just checking if everything was alright."

"Yes, I'm good," she answered, a pen in her mouth as she was now stretching her upper limbs on her chair.

"You have some news from the inquiry?" James asked. "Did the man in prison confess who the other one was?"

"I don't know," Charlie exhaled. "I'm trying not to think too much about it and about... Steve."

"I know some 'things' to make you not think at all," he said as he pushed himself from the doorframe and extended his hand for her to take it. "Come on."

Things? What did he mean by that?

"Where are we going?" Charlie asked, glancing suspiciously back and forth between his hand and his face. A smirk appeared in a corner of his lips, his eyes sparkling with playfulness.

"Away from your office because who works on a Thanksgiving weekend? Seriously?"

"A lot of people, actually," Charlie retorted as she leaned further back on her desk chair, playing with the pen in her hands. "One of them is usually moody, with a suit too tight for his muscles."

"My suit is fine," James scowled, his flirtatious face instantaneously dropping.

"If you say so," biting her lower lip, she fought back a smile, but she couldn't help for her eyes to land on his body once more.

His dark blue suit fitted him like a glove, but Charlie needed to have her teasing quota for the day. Because honestly, who was even built like that nowadays? From the glimpse of him she got when she ran into him the other day, there wasn't a gram of fat in his body.

Only defined muscles and kissable skin.

"Are we ogling, Miss Stark?" he teased back, pulling her out of her daydreams which included him half-naked in her bedroom and her giving in.

"I'm just very observant," Charlie denied. She was glad no one could get inside her head, but Barnes hit the bull's eye anyway.

"If you say so," he threw her words directly at her face. Seeing the red on her cheeks, he couldn't hold back another smirk. "So you comin' or what?"

"Where are you bringing me?"

"I know a place."

Charlie didn't move. "Guys say they know a place and girls end up either in a dark parking lot or in a trash bag cut into pieces."