𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵: 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑲𝑺𝑮𝑰𝑽𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑮𝑰𝑭𝑻

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔, but she wasn't going to do any sports

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔, but she wasn't going to do any sports. She was drinking the cinnamon latte James had brought her while she was answering some email on her laptop when they knocked at her door.

Her plan was ready to be executed.

"What's going on here?" Nat said from where she was standing on the sidewalk in front of Charlie's house some time later.

"Making some room," Charlie walked past Natalia holding a moving box in her arms she just brought down from their bedroom.

Well, now her bedroom.

"Is it Steve's stuff?"

Charlie nodded.

"Does he know?" Nat asked while her side grin grew in a wide smile.

"Of course, not. It's a surprise," Charlie said as she put the moving box on the floor near the other ones and wiped some sweat with the back of her hand even though the weather was chilly outside. "Hope he'll like it."

He hasn't been home this week, allowing her to plot how she would dump Steve and she came up with this creative idea to deliver his stuff directly to the loft he secretly kept in Manhattan.

What Sharon had said to her the other night took her by surprise.

So Charlie called a locksmith to change all the locks and a moving company, planning everything for them to remove Steve's belongings today. There was not much, considering she had bought the town house and she assumed that his loft in Manhattan was furnished as he had redecorated it with art work he bought at Sharon's gallery.

It had costed her a fortune to hire a locksmith and a moving company during a public holiday, but it would be her last thanksgiving gift to her now ex-boyfriend.

Only Steve didn't know that yet.

"You're so naughty and evil," Nat giggled. "I love it."

"Better late than never, they say. Right?"

 "I'm proud of you," Nat took her best friend's hands, offering her a warm smile. "Well, now... You might be heartbroken and all so...," that warm smile from five seconds ago turned mischievous. "Why don't you throw yourself in James' arms to cheer you up a little?"

"Shhhhh," Charlie withdrew her hands from her friend's grip and took a quick glance to see where James could have been. "He might hear you."

"Good."

"He has a girlfriend," Charlie warned as she walked away from the moving truck to her front door.

"He didn't say that. He didn't even gave you an answer, C," Nat said as she quickly followed and entered in the house. "And even if he said he had one, I bet she doesn't even exist."