𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑬𝑵: 𝑨𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑴𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝒀-𝑺𝑰𝑿

𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈, James finally arrived to his front door

𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈, James finally arrived to his front door. Two golden numbers were nailed to the wood: eighty-six. 

Eighth floor. Sixth door.

He put the keys in the lock and all at once the door, whose the varnish was slightly damaged, opened under a slight push from him. Curtains were drawn, a thin layer of dust had accumulated on the furniture, as if no soul actually resided here. His apartment looked more like a dormitory town recently, only coming back to sleep a few hours and taking a shower before driving back to Charlie's. 

She had become the person he saw the most, to whom he thought and spoke the most, even though James has never been really talkative with anyone. These past couple of days he found himself engaging her in conversation, asking her questions, wanting to know more about her. Of course he could have read this on the internet considering how famous she was, James wouldn't have struggled even one second. But it wouldn't have been right to do so, and her voice brought him comfort in some way, entertained him. The challenge in her tone every time she opened her mouth urged him to fight her back, knocking her off her game.

He was actually enjoying it.

Weird.

He didn't have fun since maybe before he joined the army. Since then, joy and happiness hadn't been on the agenda.

Throwing his keys on the nearest piece of furniture, he then pealed off his jacket and tossed it over the back of the couch. Now sitting on the sofa and unbuttoning the first buttons of his collar, exposing more of his throat, James removed his phone from his back pocket.

It was the first time he had some actual rest since he started this job a month ago now. A job his didn't want but needed. Money on his bank account started lacking and what he had left wasn't enough to pay his rent and other big expanses he didn't want to acknowledge right now. He didn't even want to think about it.

Unlocking his screen, James hesitated, brushing his thumb over the app icon several times until he actually tapped on it.

He didn't follow her, so he went straight to the research bar. Once her profile popped before his eyes, James could see that Charlie had posted another picture: a brunette and a ginger hugging tight with the legend 'love you, miss you, need you'. 

Did Charlie had friends beside her boyfriend? He meant real friends, not like the ones she was at the night of her kidnapping. Not like the ones she was with when she went to her gilded benders with others of her kind. Because if she had, he haven't heard of them in the month he have been her bodyguard. James already briefly met Sharon Carter at that restaurant, but he remembered Charlie saying they would only see each other at events now. 

Was that redhead woman on the picture a true friend? 

Why that caption?

Did she leave?