𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵: 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑲'𝑺 𝑳𝑬𝑮𝑨𝑪𝒀

𝑻𝒐𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂

𝑻𝒐𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂.𝒎. It was 10:45 a.m. when Steve open the door for her and she got out of the car in the parking lot of Stark Industries.

"Badge. Badge. Come on, badge. Badge, guys. I put a memo in the toilet, come on," Charlie heard Hogan say from across the lobby as he lectured the other employees, pointing to his badge.

"Charlie, your badge," Happy said again when he came toward her, this time pointing at the empty area where her security badge was supposed to pinned on her chest.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot," she fumbled in her purse before brandishing her badge proudly.

"Steve, your badge."

"You know who I am. Everyone does. I don't need one," Steve said, his tone arrogant that owned him a side glance from Charlie. But his cockiness was short-lived as he saw Happy mumble through his earpiece. "What are you doing?"

"Calling the security."

"What the fuck?" Steve cursed.

"Sorry, man. I'm just doing my job."

Charlie covered her laugh with a hand as the two of them watched Steve being escorted by two security agents. "I can't believe you just did that. He's gonna be pissed at you. And at me, for laughing about it."

"Too tempting," Happy winked at her with a playful grin on his face. "Come on, I'll walk you to his office."

Hogan left her by the door and she entered her father's office without waiting for an answer to her knock.

"Oh hi, honey. You're early," Tony greeted his daughter.

"Hey, dad," she offered him a small smile which grew wider as she saw her father already in a company of a man who wore a dark blue uniform with a matching tie, a light blue shirt and a bunch of distinctions and medals on his chest. "Rhodey! It's been a while."

Colonel James Rhodes and her father met at MIT, where the two of them became great friends. After their graduation, Rhodes joined the United States Air Force, and was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Even though Charlie considered Happy Hogan like an uncle, James Rhodes still had a special place in her heart as he saw her grow up.

 "Hey, Charlie," Rhodes gave her a warm hug. "You holding up okay?"

Charlie glanced behind Rhodes's shoulder who released her from his hug, giving her father an accusing look. "You told him?"

"What? Me? No," Tony threw a hand between them.

"I was one of those who recommended Sergeant Barnes to you guys, actually."

"Really?" Charlie faked the biggest smile, the playful tone of her voice hollow. "Who are the others who imposed that pain in the ass on me? So that I can thank them myself."