𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬: 𝑺𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑵 𝑹𝑰𝑩𝑩𝑶𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑽𝑬𝑳𝑽𝑬𝑻 𝑪𝑼𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑶𝑵

𝑬𝒙𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, the family came back to the cabin after noon and slowly began to start cooking and decorating the Christmas tree

Pepper and Charlie were now silently and dubiously admiring their work on the tree when one of them broke the deafening silence.

"So, hum, how's it going with Mr. Barnes?"

"He's a pain in the ass more times than he isn't, but lately it's been fine. Why?" Charlie answered cooly but didn't trust herself enough to look Pepper in the eye.

"I was just being curious. You two seem to get along well now and I wondered what changed."

"Nothing. I probably just started getting used to the situation, I guess," she let escape an awkward chuckle as she started to pull on her sleeves anxiously.

"It's good to see you like that Charlie. After all you've been through..." Pepper gently put her hand on Charlie's arm.

"Yeah," she offered a shy smile at Pepper and then allowed herself to glance at James, who was putting more logs in the chimney, the sleeves of his dark blue sweater rolled up on his forearms.

His ice-cold blue eyes met hers, and the memories of his cock in her mouth rushed to her, turning her cheeks crimson red.

Last night was...

After an endless fight between her sanity and her need, she yielded and took the decision to knock on his door wearing underneath her robe only the finest lingerie set she had packed for the trip.

You know... Just in case something like that happened.

And then she had to ruin everything by asking him to stay with her in her bed.

The look she saw on his face made her stomach turn...

Like he wanted to leave her there.

It was clear he didn't want to stay.

But in his arms, his woody scent filling her nostrils, she had the best night sleep she had in a long, long time.

No nightmares, no waking up in the middle of the night, sweating and panting.

But all of that soon wouldn't matter anymore because in two days, they were going back to New York City. The bubble they were in was about to explode. All this fantasy was going to end anyway.

That was the deal.

And James didn't stay overnight either. 

When Charlie woke up this morning, his side of the bed was cold. She hadn't heard him leave her room, and her heart squeezed at the feeling of emptiness in her heart his absence left.

She gulped.

"Would you please stop drooling over your bodyguard, munchkin, and help me with the pasta please?" Tony called from the kitchen area.