Nod

Steph reentered the car and sat in to the passenger seat this time. The rest of their trip at Costco was rather uneventful. 

"You can never really stick to budget when you go to Costco." Candace said looking at her receipt. 

Steph gave a light chuckle. She knew that the main reason they hardly stuck to budget was her mother's weakness to a good deal. Steph had no reason to complain however, as the rest of the family was always a benefactor of Candace's whims. 

Steph turned her attention to a notification form her phone. It was a message from Victoria.

Hey, checking in. Thing's going okay on your end? The message said.  

Yeah. Just running errands with my mom. You? Steph replied

A little anxious. I just messaged Emily to see if she wants to meet and talk. 

Oh gosh. Did she respond? 

Not yet. I literally just sent it before texting you. 

Steph was finding the words to ease her anxious friend before she received a flurry of messages

Steph I just peed a little

Thank god I'm wearing a goodnite.

More than a little

It's not stopping! 

I'm leaking!

Steph couldn't help but laugh a little at her friend's antics. 

Vic! Go to the bathroom! XD

She sent the message before realizing she made face

"Crap. I didn't mean to add the face..." She thought to herself. "is she mad?

Good news... I made it to the bathroom. Bad news... I left a trail... XD 

Steph was relieved at the reciprocated emoji.

If it's any consolation I didn't wet the bed last night... Victoria texted.

...I did.  Steph replied.

OMG. Are you okay? That's twice now. Victoria panicked.

Actually... it's the third. Steph corrected.

Oh... I'm sorry...

Why? It's not your fault. :p Bedwetting doesn't sync like periods...

I know... It's just... I know it's a crappy feeling...

I'm just glad you got me into wearing... the-you-know-whats. Saved my bedsheets... mostly.

How are you hiding it? 

I'm... not. I couldn't.

O.O How'd they respond? 

Before Steph could respond, her mother called for her attention. "Steph honey? We're here." 

Steph looked up to see the sign for Buyer's Drug Store, a retail pharmacy chain. Steph had no need of anything from the store. 

"Can I stay in the car?" She asked her mother.

"Actually, I need your help with something. Can you grab one of the boxes from the trunk?" 

Candace stepped out of the vehicle and proceeded to make her way to the back of the car. Steph took this opportunity to respond to Victoria. 

I'll fill you in later. Gotta help my mom with something. Sorry