I.O.U.

"Humph!" Steph grunted as she set her bags down. 

"Got everything in there?" Candace said peering from the kitchen. 

"I think so." She replied. 

"What about your... night pants?" Candace asked discretely. 

"I... packed the Goodnites..." Steph said quietly. 

"Can you also pack the other ones please? I'd hate to pay a cleaning fee for the Airbnb."

"I think the Goodnites should be fine..." Steph said trying to convince her mom.

"Mmmm I don't think so, especially considering this morning." She tut-tutted.  "If your bag is full We'll pack a separate bag." 

"Mmmm okay..." Steph begrudgingly agreed. 

Steph entered her room and counted three Northshores and tossed them onto her bed. She proceeded to go into her closet to look for a backpack or tote to carry them. As she contemplated which bag to use, Candace walked in. 

"Are you okay sweetie? You seemed a little upset downstairs." Candace asked her daughter. 

"Hey mom. Yeah." She replied. "I was just hoping that Goodnites would be enough for this trip. I mean, I'm sharing a bed with Anna for this trip..."

"And you're worried she might find out..." The mother finished her thought. "Look... I get it, but you'll definitely leak through those Goodnites." She said picking up the discreet bedwetting garment. "They're thin, but they're... thin." 

"I know mom, but-"

"And what if you have another... you know. Big accident." Candance argued. 

Steph was about to raise her finger in protest, but her mom had a good point. Pooping the bed would be a telltale sign to anybody sharing a bed with her. However, Steph was confident that the worst of her nighttime accidents would be over with her recent confessions. 

"Steph, how about we make a deal?" Candace spoke up. "Tonight you wear these," she said holding up the adult diapers. "and if you don't have an accident you can wear the Goodnites. But you still need to wear the Goodnites. "

A smile of relief crept on Steph's face. 

"But, if you have any sleeping accidents of any kind..." Candace continued "You have to go back to the full diapers, okay? It wouldn't really be pleasant for Anna to wake up on wet sheets." 

Steph considered the proposition, and was okay with this arrangement. If she continued with her nighttime incontinence, it would be wise to wear her a proper diaper... no matter how telling. And while being known for wearing a diaper is embarrassing, It would be unfair to Anna to wake up soaked in someone else's bodily functions. Besides Stephanie felt as though she brought her bouts of enuresis upon herself. 

"Deal." Stephanie agreed. "I guess this means I should still pack these?" She said gesturing to the three pink diapers on her bed. "Just in case." 

Candace nodded. "Just in case though... maybe bring a couple more? and wear a Goodnite tomorrow? It's a long car ride. You've had accidents during naps." 

"That's fair." Steph agreed. However, when she grabbed the bag she realized that there were only two pairs left, one to bring, and one more pair left for the night. "I guess it might be it for these..."

She stuffed the pink Northshores into the bottom of a tote bag and hid them under some extra articles of clothes. 

"Thanks for understanding honey." Candace gave her daughter a sidehug. "If you're really nervous or uneasy, you can stay in my room with me and your dad. I'll pack a sleeping bag and cot."