The Beginning

Chapter 1
I grabbed my bag and hit the button on the bus to signal I was ready for the stop ahead. The TTC was very crowded this time of day and I figured, being the intellectual one that I am, that it was a good idea to live in Markham and make the trek downtown on a Tuesday morning. The unfamiliarity of the whole matter made my stomach turn in excitement. To make it to Union Station was an absolute struggle and I cursed the fact that I did not have a car... Well I did, but I did not trust it enough to get me from Markham, down the Don Valley and to the interview in a timely fashion. However, being that I was almost late as it was I guess that did not entirely matter anymore.
Getting off at Union Station, I gratefully thanked the bus driver and focused on quickly finding my way to the Scotiabank Arena. I knew the way I was supposed to go but was not sure where I was going to get in. Thankfully, I found my way rather quickly and saw two girls in skimpy dresses with collars around their neck standing talking with a man in a suit. I suddenly felt very overdressed in my leather pants and nice blouse. I did not think that dressing like a cheap submissive would make a great first impression on my potential new boss but here these girls were.
"Celestria Raynard, sorry I am late." I apologize once I make it to the trio. The women stare at me in disgust while the man looks almost relieved to see my attire.
"Pleasure to meet you Celestria, I am Lucas, Kyle's assistant. Now that we are all here please follow me." He smiles warmly and the two girls and I follow behind. I end up walking beside Lucas and chatting. He tells me about his job and that he has been working for MLSE for two years now and how he absolutely loves the atmosphere that the team he worked with brought. I told him about my schooling and how I had just graduated from University of Ottawa with a bachelors of Criminology and how I was now at Osgoode School of Law with University of Toronto.
"I like a girl with ambition and determination, it gives you something to always chat about with people when you meet them." He says and I nod with a smile behind my mask before we fall into a comfortable silence. "Alright ladies, we are here. I will let Kyle know that you are all ready and then we will call you one by one. Feel free to roam the grounds or we have some coffee and snacks laid out just to your right if you wish to grab snacks while you wait." He smiles at us before he disappears.
"So, why do you want to be the team submissive? Being a hooker was out of the question?" One of the girls asks with a bitchy tone to her voice.
"I mean I think you should not judge someone before you know them. Plus, I do not think dressing like a cheap whore is going to get you very far." I chirp back and she rolls her eyes while the other girl giggles but tries to cover it up with a cough.
"The team won't want a fat whore like you, trying to stuff your stomach and thighs into pants like that is not smart. It is not at all flattering."
"We do not know what they want, Kyle probably has a list of what they want and they need and who knows what covers it."
"All I know is the paycheck is fat." The other girl pipes in and we both turn to look at her and nod before we fall into uncomfortable, tense silence.
"Kelly, it is your turn to be interviewed. Mr Dubas and Mr. Shanahan are ready for you." The bitchy girl who had called me a whore's name was Kelly. Seems fitting, I guess. Once she has slinked her way into the room, the other girl comes over to me and apologizes.
"I am so sorry about Kelly, she was way out of line with that comment. Honestly, I don't even know why I am friends with her or how she managed to drag me into applying for this position. I don't even want to be the team's submissive, I have a boyfriend who is my dominant and I don't need that being interfered with by being the team's go to. Sorry for rambling, I'm Karina." She sticks her hand out to be shaken and I take it with a smile.
"Celestria, come with me I want to grab a coffee if that is cool?" Karina smiles and nods. "So, why are you here then?"
"She's been my best friend for years, I could not tell her no. Even if I really wanted to say no, my boyfriend begged me not to go but I told him I had said yes already to her and it was my obligation as her best friend to follow through. I applied and they asked me to come in for an interview so who was I to say no? I am just worried that if I get the job that I will have to turn them down." I pour myself a cup of coffee into the Tim Hortons cup and add the fixings to make my coffee the way I enjoy it.
"If you don't want to do something then don't, it is your life and you do not have to listen to anyone. Except your dom if that is what you feel fit," I giggle and watch as her face turns bright red at the mention of him.
"You're right, I am not going to let her dictate my life anymore. I mean I have a degree in political science for God sakes! I should not allow anyone to push me around unless I want it to happen."
"That's the spirit! You go girl, I am so happy that I helped you come to the conclusion. Now I gotta ask, why are you wearing that?" Karina pulls her dress down almost self consciously and for a moment I feel bad that I mentioned anything to her.
"Kelly forced me to wear this and this collar. She made me take off mine, and I feel sick not having mine on. It is actually in my bag."
"Take that one off and put your other one on, if it makes you more comfortable. Here, take my sweater. I have a shirt underneath, it should at least make you feel a bit better when it comes to facing the men in there."
"I could not take it from you, it completes the outfit."
"Please, I don't want you to be cold and uncomfortable." I insist, already pulling off my sweater in order to give it to her. Karina graciously takes the sweater and throws it on over her dress smiling before taking the faux collar off of her neck and putting her other one on. I help fix her hair and dress with a smile.
"Why are you being so kind to me? I am friends with the girl who just called you mean names."
"Because I know you're a good person, I sense that and sense that you have a good heart inside you. I trust that you know and do what you want and I like that about people."
"I really like how honest you are with me, thank you. It's really refreshing to have someone like you to talk to."
"I may have only known you for a little but I can sense when someone is being true and honest with me." We fall into comfortable silence sipping our coffee and eating some fruit.
"Karina, it is your turn now! Please come with me." Lucas smiles motioning for her to follow.
"Show them what you're made of." I smile at her and she gives me a hug. I hear Kelly scoff and I roll my eyes.
"Kell, I'll meet you at the restaurant after." Karina says before entering the room with Lucas.
"You might as well just not interview, they're going to give me the position. They loved me and thought I was perfect."
"We'll see about that, I plan on giving my best performance and ensuring they love me as much as possible. I plan to be myself, which is twice the person you are. You don't deserve Karina as a friend, she is so sweet and kind and believes in the best things." Kelly scoffs again and storms off with her handbag clasped between her fingers.
"That was great." I heard a deep rougher voice say causing the hair on her arms to stand up. I whip around and come face to face with a tall blonde with deep blue eyes.
"Oh thank you." I smile, my pink cheeks heating up even brighter when he smirks at my flustered expression.
"The way you stood up for yourself and that other girl was a killer. I'm William but my friends call me Will or Willy."
"I'm Celestria, nice to meet you. I just was not impressed with the way she was talking. You cannot talk down to someone, it's just not fair and honestly I just don't take shit from no one." He chuckles, running his fingers through his long blonde hair.
"You're not wrong there. What are you doing here? I imagine that you're probably here to interview with Kyle for something. Am I right?" I nod, biting my lip.
"You're right, I am here for an interview but I am not sure I am allowed to specify."
"Well... if you're here for the team submissive job interview that's okay I am a team member." He winks at me and I turn red again.
"How dare you assume that?!" I fake being offended and his face drops and he is quick to apologize.
"I am so sorry, I had no idea!"
"Chill, it's okay I promise I was joking."
"Aren't you a brat?"
"Honey, you don't even know the half of it." I wink at him and finish my coffee.
"Girl, I like you already."
"Boy, I am glad you do." I giggle and watch as Lucas come out with Karina.
"Ah, William I see you've met Celestria."
"We've had a great conversation, haven't we Celeste?" William smiles at me and I smile back feeling butterflies in my stomach at the nickname.
"Yes we have Willy."
"Celestria, Kyle is ready for you."
"Wish me luck," I shrug and Will grabs my hand as I walk past him causing shocks to rush up my arm.
"Good luck, you'll do well!"
"Thank you." I smile gratefully and give Karina a hug as I go by.
—————
These will get longer as we go on! I have posted this under hockeytrash27 on A03 so if you've read it this is just the Wattpad edition!
Enjoy